Lawsuit Against Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady Over Shooting Incident Dismissed
A New York judge has thrown out a lawsuit filed against supermodel Gisele Bundchen and her husband Tom Brady over an alleged shooting incident at the couple's Costa Rica wedding. Paparazzi photographers Yuri Cortez and Rolando Aviles sued the stars in September 2009 after claiming bodyguards had shot at them, shattering the rear window of their vehicle, as they attempted to take unauthorized pictures of the ceremony, which took place last April.
Members of Brady's security team spotted the snappers and demanded they hand over their cameras - but the pair attempted to make a fast escape by jumping into a sports utility vehicle, prompting the guards to open fire. Cortez and Aviles, both citizens of Costa Rica, accused Bundchen and Brady of negligence in hiring and training the security team and filed papers in a New York court, demanding more than $1 million in damages.
But the case was dismissed by New York State Supreme Court Justice Judith Gische on Wednesday, May 26 after she declared there was no reason for the lawsuit to be tried in the U.S. Gische says, "This complaint must otherwise be dismissed because the court does not have personal jurisdiction over either of the defendants. Costa Rica is a substantially more convenient forum for the parties' disputes than New York."
More Gisele Bundchen News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show