Kanye West Surprised Star-Studded Crowd With New Album Debut
Kanye West thrilled clubbers in New York City on Saturday night, May 22 by handing the DJ a copy of his new album and debuting previously unheard tracks. The rapper has been working on the follow-up to 2008's "808's & Heartbreak", which is reportedly titled "Good Ass Job", and he made a surprise appearance at Manhattan hotspot CV to unveil his new music.
West is said to have asked the DJ to play four songs from the record for the star-studded crowd, according to the New York Daily News. A source tells the publication, "Josh Hartnett and Kid Cudi were both there, and they immediately got up and started dancing. Kanye stayed with his own entourage in a corner booth, but looked pretty pleased."
Kanye West's new album might be dropped this summer. Some of the materials in the album were recorded in Hawaii with fellow rapper Drake and his protege Big Sean. Maya Angelou, Gill Scott Herron and Nina Simone were cited as Kanye's inspirations in laying tracks for the upcoming release.
More Kanye West News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!