Kanye West Surprised Star-Studded Crowd With New Album Debut
Kanye West thrilled clubbers in New York City on Saturday night, May 22 by handing the DJ a copy of his new album and debuting previously unheard tracks. The rapper has been working on the follow-up to 2008's "808's & Heartbreak", which is reportedly titled "Good Ass Job", and he made a surprise appearance at Manhattan hotspot CV to unveil his new music.
West is said to have asked the DJ to play four songs from the record for the star-studded crowd, according to the New York Daily News. A source tells the publication, "Josh Hartnett and Kid Cudi were both there, and they immediately got up and started dancing. Kanye stayed with his own entourage in a corner booth, but looked pretty pleased."
Kanye West's new album might be dropped this summer. Some of the materials in the album were recorded in Hawaii with fellow rapper Drake and his protege Big Sean. Maya Angelou, Gill Scott Herron and Nina Simone were cited as Kanye's inspirations in laying tracks for the upcoming release.
More Kanye West News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie