Kanye West Surprised Star-Studded Crowd With New Album Debut
Kanye West thrilled clubbers in New York City on Saturday night, May 22 by handing the DJ a copy of his new album and debuting previously unheard tracks. The rapper has been working on the follow-up to 2008's "808's & Heartbreak", which is reportedly titled "Good Ass Job", and he made a surprise appearance at Manhattan hotspot CV to unveil his new music.
West is said to have asked the DJ to play four songs from the record for the star-studded crowd, according to the New York Daily News. A source tells the publication, "Josh Hartnett and Kid Cudi were both there, and they immediately got up and started dancing. Kanye stayed with his own entourage in a corner booth, but looked pretty pleased."
Kanye West's new album might be dropped this summer. Some of the materials in the album were recorded in Hawaii with fellow rapper Drake and his protege Big Sean. Maya Angelou, Gill Scott Herron and Nina Simone were cited as Kanye's inspirations in laying tracks for the upcoming release.
More Kanye West News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer