Jennifer Lopez Raises $6.7 Million for AIDS Research
Jennifer Lopez helped raise $6.7 million for AIDS research at a star-studded gala in France on Thursday, May 20. The superstar took time out from the Cannes Film Festival to help auction off 10 lavish gifts, including a gold-plated bottle of Dom Perignon champagne, a day with former U.S. president Bill Clinton, and a flight in a fighter jet.
Lopez was joined by celebrities in the audience including Paris Hilton, Naomi Watts, Mick Jagger and Naomi Campbell. Meanwhile, Mary J. Blige and Patti Smith provided the music and Russell Crowe helped lead the bids.
During the show, actress Michelle Williams helped sell off the champagne bottle, which eventually fetched $80,000, while each seat at the event cost $6,000. And the stars' efforts paid off - The Cinema Against AIDS benefit raised $6.7 million in total.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere