Jennifer Lopez Raises $6.7 Million for AIDS Research
Jennifer Lopez helped raise $6.7 million for AIDS research at a star-studded gala in France on Thursday, May 20. The superstar took time out from the Cannes Film Festival to help auction off 10 lavish gifts, including a gold-plated bottle of Dom Perignon champagne, a day with former U.S. president Bill Clinton, and a flight in a fighter jet.
Lopez was joined by celebrities in the audience including Paris Hilton, Naomi Watts, Mick Jagger and Naomi Campbell. Meanwhile, Mary J. Blige and Patti Smith provided the music and Russell Crowe helped lead the bids.
During the show, actress Michelle Williams helped sell off the champagne bottle, which eventually fetched $80,000, while each seat at the event cost $6,000. And the stars' efforts paid off - The Cinema Against AIDS benefit raised $6.7 million in total.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos