Jennifer Lopez Raises $6.7 Million for AIDS Research
Jennifer Lopez helped raise $6.7 million for AIDS research at a star-studded gala in France on Thursday, May 20. The superstar took time out from the Cannes Film Festival to help auction off 10 lavish gifts, including a gold-plated bottle of Dom Perignon champagne, a day with former U.S. president Bill Clinton, and a flight in a fighter jet.
Lopez was joined by celebrities in the audience including Paris Hilton, Naomi Watts, Mick Jagger and Naomi Campbell. Meanwhile, Mary J. Blige and Patti Smith provided the music and Russell Crowe helped lead the bids.
During the show, actress Michelle Williams helped sell off the champagne bottle, which eventually fetched $80,000, while each seat at the event cost $6,000. And the stars' efforts paid off - The Cinema Against AIDS benefit raised $6.7 million in total.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding