Jennifer Lopez Raises $6.7 Million for AIDS Research
Jennifer Lopez helped raise $6.7 million for AIDS research at a star-studded gala in France on Thursday, May 20. The superstar took time out from the Cannes Film Festival to help auction off 10 lavish gifts, including a gold-plated bottle of Dom Perignon champagne, a day with former U.S. president Bill Clinton, and a flight in a fighter jet.
Lopez was joined by celebrities in the audience including Paris Hilton, Naomi Watts, Mick Jagger and Naomi Campbell. Meanwhile, Mary J. Blige and Patti Smith provided the music and Russell Crowe helped lead the bids.
During the show, actress Michelle Williams helped sell off the champagne bottle, which eventually fetched $80,000, while each seat at the event cost $6,000. And the stars' efforts paid off - The Cinema Against AIDS benefit raised $6.7 million in total.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers