Jennifer Lopez Raises $6.7 Million for AIDS Research
Jennifer Lopez helped raise $6.7 million for AIDS research at a star-studded gala in France on Thursday, May 20. The superstar took time out from the Cannes Film Festival to help auction off 10 lavish gifts, including a gold-plated bottle of Dom Perignon champagne, a day with former U.S. president Bill Clinton, and a flight in a fighter jet.
Lopez was joined by celebrities in the audience including Paris Hilton, Naomi Watts, Mick Jagger and Naomi Campbell. Meanwhile, Mary J. Blige and Patti Smith provided the music and Russell Crowe helped lead the bids.
During the show, actress Michelle Williams helped sell off the champagne bottle, which eventually fetched $80,000, while each seat at the event cost $6,000. And the stars' efforts paid off - The Cinema Against AIDS benefit raised $6.7 million in total.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service