Adam Ant Sectioned to Mental Hospital
New wave rocker Adam Ant has reportedly been sectioned under Britain's Mental Health Act in London. The former Adam and the Ants star, real name Stuart Goddard, was allegedly admitted to hospital earlier this week.
In a message to fans, obtained by website TheMusicFix.co.uk, Goddard wrote, "Please send me postcards at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, Fulham Road. Please don't come down here as it may upset the staff who have been really pleasant. I am having a well earned rest at Her Majesty's Pleasure and am painting and continuing being an art student. I have a great view and am considering gigs later in the year."
The news comes just a week after the rocker stunned fans with an expletive-filled rant during a comeback gig at a church hall in England. Goddard was jeered by the audience at the show in Portsmouth and he stormed offstage when organizers ended the show early.
The star spent a year in psychiatric care following his arrest in 2002, after he wielded an imitation gun in a London pub. A spokesperson for the singer was not available for comment as WENN went to press.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard