Adam Ant Sectioned to Mental Hospital
New wave rocker Adam Ant has reportedly been sectioned under Britain's Mental Health Act in London. The former Adam and the Ants star, real name Stuart Goddard, was allegedly admitted to hospital earlier this week.
In a message to fans, obtained by website TheMusicFix.co.uk, Goddard wrote, "Please send me postcards at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, Fulham Road. Please don't come down here as it may upset the staff who have been really pleasant. I am having a well earned rest at Her Majesty's Pleasure and am painting and continuing being an art student. I have a great view and am considering gigs later in the year."
The news comes just a week after the rocker stunned fans with an expletive-filled rant during a comeback gig at a church hall in England. Goddard was jeered by the audience at the show in Portsmouth and he stormed offstage when organizers ended the show early.
The star spent a year in psychiatric care following his arrest in 2002, after he wielded an imitation gun in a London pub. A spokesperson for the singer was not available for comment as WENN went to press.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses