Adam Ant Sectioned to Mental Hospital
New wave rocker Adam Ant has reportedly been sectioned under Britain's Mental Health Act in London. The former Adam and the Ants star, real name Stuart Goddard, was allegedly admitted to hospital earlier this week.
In a message to fans, obtained by website TheMusicFix.co.uk, Goddard wrote, "Please send me postcards at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, Fulham Road. Please don't come down here as it may upset the staff who have been really pleasant. I am having a well earned rest at Her Majesty's Pleasure and am painting and continuing being an art student. I have a great view and am considering gigs later in the year."
The news comes just a week after the rocker stunned fans with an expletive-filled rant during a comeback gig at a church hall in England. Goddard was jeered by the audience at the show in Portsmouth and he stormed offstage when organizers ended the show early.
The star spent a year in psychiatric care following his arrest in 2002, after he wielded an imitation gun in a London pub. A spokesperson for the singer was not available for comment as WENN went to press.
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts