Adam Ant Sectioned to Mental Hospital
New wave rocker Adam Ant has reportedly been sectioned under Britain's Mental Health Act in London. The former Adam and the Ants star, real name Stuart Goddard, was allegedly admitted to hospital earlier this week.
In a message to fans, obtained by website TheMusicFix.co.uk, Goddard wrote, "Please send me postcards at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, Fulham Road. Please don't come down here as it may upset the staff who have been really pleasant. I am having a well earned rest at Her Majesty's Pleasure and am painting and continuing being an art student. I have a great view and am considering gigs later in the year."
The news comes just a week after the rocker stunned fans with an expletive-filled rant during a comeback gig at a church hall in England. Goddard was jeered by the audience at the show in Portsmouth and he stormed offstage when organizers ended the show early.
The star spent a year in psychiatric care following his arrest in 2002, after he wielded an imitation gun in a London pub. A spokesperson for the singer was not available for comment as WENN went to press.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby