Matthew Morrison's Fiancee Suspected He Cheated on Her
Matthew Morrison's fiancee Chrishell Stause called off their engagement after suspecting the actor was cheating on her with his Broadway pal Lea Michele. The 31-year-old actor, who now co-stars with Michele in hit TV show "Glee", proposed to "All My Children" star Stause in 2006 after dating for two-and-a-half years.
But their romance hit a stumbling block in June 2007 when tabloid reports suggested Morrison was enjoying a fling with Michele. The pair both dismissed claims of a romance, and while Stause insists it was a "false rumour", she admits Morrison did little to calm her fears of his infidelity - and she dumped him in September 2007, just months before they were due to exchange vows.
She tells Star magazine, "I decided to break off our engagement because I believed he was seeing other people and just wasn't ready to fully commit." Stause went public with the love split on her official website a month later, blasting Morrison for his wandering eye. She wrote, "This is obviously a serious matter, but laughter makes it easier. Besides, it's not Matthew's fault that he thought MONOGAMY was a type of tree!"
However, Stause has since come to terms with the break-up and insists she wishes nothing but the best for her ex, who has shot to stardom with the TV musical. She tells the publication, "I am really happy for Matthew and his success. I still love and adore him. It's been a long time since we ended our relationship, and looking back, it was for the best. Everything happens for a reason."
Michele, 23, who is now dating "American Idiot" theatre star Theo Stockman, recently attempted to put a stop to the Morrison romance rumors once and for all, saying: "I've known Matt for years. He's been a friend of mine from New York. People are going to make things up. I think it's just because we really are so close."
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy