Danny Dyer Fired From Being Magazine Columnist After Controversial Advice
British actor Danny Dyer has been dropped from his role as a celebrity columnist for a U.K. magazine after sparking outrage by advising a reader to "cut" his girlfriend's face. The Business star came under fire from domestic violence groups after replying to a letter in his column for men's publication Zoo, telling a 23-year-old reader to "cut your ex's face, and then no one will want her" when asked for advice on how to get over a break-up.
The editor of the magazine blamed a "regrettable production error", while Dyer insisted he was not to blame - claiming he had been misquoted and was "devastated" by the scandal. The letter-writer, Alex Woolliscroft, then poured more pressure on Dyer by demanding an apology and "maybe compensation" from Zoo bosses.
And on Friday, May 7, it was announced by the magazine publishers that Dyer's column in Zoo has been axed with immediate effect. A spokesperson for the publication says, "As an immediate result of an ongoing internal inquiry following an indefensible comment published in this week's issue, Zoo has decided to bring the Danny Dyer column to an end."
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors