Danny Dyer Fired From Being Magazine Columnist After Controversial Advice
British actor Danny Dyer has been dropped from his role as a celebrity columnist for a U.K. magazine after sparking outrage by advising a reader to "cut" his girlfriend's face. The Business star came under fire from domestic violence groups after replying to a letter in his column for men's publication Zoo, telling a 23-year-old reader to "cut your ex's face, and then no one will want her" when asked for advice on how to get over a break-up.
The editor of the magazine blamed a "regrettable production error", while Dyer insisted he was not to blame - claiming he had been misquoted and was "devastated" by the scandal. The letter-writer, Alex Woolliscroft, then poured more pressure on Dyer by demanding an apology and "maybe compensation" from Zoo bosses.
And on Friday, May 7, it was announced by the magazine publishers that Dyer's column in Zoo has been axed with immediate effect. A spokesperson for the publication says, "As an immediate result of an ongoing internal inquiry following an indefensible comment published in this week's issue, Zoo has decided to bring the Danny Dyer column to an end."
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image