Danny Dyer Fired From Being Magazine Columnist After Controversial Advice
British actor Danny Dyer has been dropped from his role as a celebrity columnist for a U.K. magazine after sparking outrage by advising a reader to "cut" his girlfriend's face. The Business star came under fire from domestic violence groups after replying to a letter in his column for men's publication Zoo, telling a 23-year-old reader to "cut your ex's face, and then no one will want her" when asked for advice on how to get over a break-up.
The editor of the magazine blamed a "regrettable production error", while Dyer insisted he was not to blame - claiming he had been misquoted and was "devastated" by the scandal. The letter-writer, Alex Woolliscroft, then poured more pressure on Dyer by demanding an apology and "maybe compensation" from Zoo bosses.
And on Friday, May 7, it was announced by the magazine publishers that Dyer's column in Zoo has been axed with immediate effect. A spokesperson for the publication says, "As an immediate result of an ongoing internal inquiry following an indefensible comment published in this week's issue, Zoo has decided to bring the Danny Dyer column to an end."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular