Danny Dyer Fired From Being Magazine Columnist After Controversial Advice
British actor Danny Dyer has been dropped from his role as a celebrity columnist for a U.K. magazine after sparking outrage by advising a reader to "cut" his girlfriend's face. The Business star came under fire from domestic violence groups after replying to a letter in his column for men's publication Zoo, telling a 23-year-old reader to "cut your ex's face, and then no one will want her" when asked for advice on how to get over a break-up.
The editor of the magazine blamed a "regrettable production error", while Dyer insisted he was not to blame - claiming he had been misquoted and was "devastated" by the scandal. The letter-writer, Alex Woolliscroft, then poured more pressure on Dyer by demanding an apology and "maybe compensation" from Zoo bosses.
And on Friday, May 7, it was announced by the magazine publishers that Dyer's column in Zoo has been axed with immediate effect. A spokesperson for the publication says, "As an immediate result of an ongoing internal inquiry following an indefensible comment published in this week's issue, Zoo has decided to bring the Danny Dyer column to an end."
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!