Danny Dyer Fired From Being Magazine Columnist After Controversial Advice
British actor Danny Dyer has been dropped from his role as a celebrity columnist for a U.K. magazine after sparking outrage by advising a reader to "cut" his girlfriend's face. The Business star came under fire from domestic violence groups after replying to a letter in his column for men's publication Zoo, telling a 23-year-old reader to "cut your ex's face, and then no one will want her" when asked for advice on how to get over a break-up.
The editor of the magazine blamed a "regrettable production error", while Dyer insisted he was not to blame - claiming he had been misquoted and was "devastated" by the scandal. The letter-writer, Alex Woolliscroft, then poured more pressure on Dyer by demanding an apology and "maybe compensation" from Zoo bosses.
And on Friday, May 7, it was announced by the magazine publishers that Dyer's column in Zoo has been axed with immediate effect. A spokesperson for the publication says, "As an immediate result of an ongoing internal inquiry following an indefensible comment published in this week's issue, Zoo has decided to bring the Danny Dyer column to an end."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'