Jack White Inspired by Lady GaGa in Dead Weather's New Track
Jack White had an unusual muse for new The Dead Weather track "The Difference Between Us" - the song was inspired by Lady GaGa. The rocker decided to channel the "Poker Face" sensation while composing the tune - and admits he enjoyed pretending to be the outrageous pop star.
He explains, "Lady GaGa - I was thinking of the type of song a contemporary musician would write so I started thinking about her. I started thinking of how she would write the music to this song and got quite into being Lady GaGa in an odd way."
The song's lyrics were written by White's bandmate Alison Mosshart, who he insists rivals GaGa for live performances. He gushes, "The lyrics are all from Alison, who was coming from a different direction. She is an incredible person to work with and you can't touch her on stage - she's one of the best frontpeople out there right now."
"She attracts everyone's attention. I've never been in a band where everyone is just staring at the live singer. She captivates the girls and boys at the same time which is hard for a frontwoman to do because you run the risk of making a lot of girls hate you. But girls love her even more than the guys."
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off