Susan Boyle's 'I Dreamed a Dream' Is World's Best-Selling Album
Susan Boyle's debut album has been named the world's best-selling record of 2009. "I Dreamed a Dream", which hit stores in November 2009, landed the title of Britain's top-selling release last year, while the Scottish singer came second to Taylor Swift's "Fearless" in America's 2009 run-down.
But new figures released by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) show Boyle scored the most popular album across the world - selling more copies of her music debut in the last five weeks of 2009 than any other artist managed across the 12 months. Boyle claimed the title with a massive 8.3 million in sales.
As of late, Susan Boyle was reported to have prepared for her sophomore set. "I'm hoping to make it better and a bit extra special," she told The Sun. "I would like to have some songs written for me and I believe there is something in place for that already. I love recording. The recording studio is your own space, it's your bubble."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group