Susan Boyle's 'I Dreamed a Dream' Is World's Best-Selling Album
Susan Boyle's debut album has been named the world's best-selling record of 2009. "I Dreamed a Dream", which hit stores in November 2009, landed the title of Britain's top-selling release last year, while the Scottish singer came second to Taylor Swift's "Fearless" in America's 2009 run-down.
But new figures released by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) show Boyle scored the most popular album across the world - selling more copies of her music debut in the last five weeks of 2009 than any other artist managed across the 12 months. Boyle claimed the title with a massive 8.3 million in sales.
As of late, Susan Boyle was reported to have prepared for her sophomore set. "I'm hoping to make it better and a bit extra special," she told The Sun. "I would like to have some songs written for me and I believe there is something in place for that already. I love recording. The recording studio is your own space, it's your bubble."
More Susan Boyle News
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture