Susan Boyle's 'I Dreamed a Dream' Is World's Best-Selling Album
Susan Boyle's debut album has been named the world's best-selling record of 2009. "I Dreamed a Dream", which hit stores in November 2009, landed the title of Britain's top-selling release last year, while the Scottish singer came second to Taylor Swift's "Fearless" in America's 2009 run-down.
But new figures released by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) show Boyle scored the most popular album across the world - selling more copies of her music debut in the last five weeks of 2009 than any other artist managed across the 12 months. Boyle claimed the title with a massive 8.3 million in sales.
As of late, Susan Boyle was reported to have prepared for her sophomore set. "I'm hoping to make it better and a bit extra special," she told The Sun. "I would like to have some songs written for me and I believe there is something in place for that already. I love recording. The recording studio is your own space, it's your bubble."
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week