Susan Boyle's 'I Dreamed a Dream' Is World's Best-Selling Album
Susan Boyle's debut album has been named the world's best-selling record of 2009. "I Dreamed a Dream", which hit stores in November 2009, landed the title of Britain's top-selling release last year, while the Scottish singer came second to Taylor Swift's "Fearless" in America's 2009 run-down.
But new figures released by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) show Boyle scored the most popular album across the world - selling more copies of her music debut in the last five weeks of 2009 than any other artist managed across the 12 months. Boyle claimed the title with a massive 8.3 million in sales.
As of late, Susan Boyle was reported to have prepared for her sophomore set. "I'm hoping to make it better and a bit extra special," she told The Sun. "I would like to have some songs written for me and I believe there is something in place for that already. I love recording. The recording studio is your own space, it's your bubble."
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date