Susan Boyle's 'I Dreamed a Dream' Is World's Best-Selling Album
Susan Boyle's debut album has been named the world's best-selling record of 2009. "I Dreamed a Dream", which hit stores in November 2009, landed the title of Britain's top-selling release last year, while the Scottish singer came second to Taylor Swift's "Fearless" in America's 2009 run-down.
But new figures released by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) show Boyle scored the most popular album across the world - selling more copies of her music debut in the last five weeks of 2009 than any other artist managed across the 12 months. Boyle claimed the title with a massive 8.3 million in sales.
As of late, Susan Boyle was reported to have prepared for her sophomore set. "I'm hoping to make it better and a bit extra special," she told The Sun. "I would like to have some songs written for me and I believe there is something in place for that already. I love recording. The recording studio is your own space, it's your bubble."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal