Bernie Nolan Diagnosed With Breast Cancer
Irish singer/actress Bernie Nolan has been diagnosed with breast cancer. The 49 year old, most famous for being part of all-sister band The Nolans, was told by doctors last week that she is facing a tough battle with the disease, and will mostly likely have to have a mastectomy and chemotherapy.
But the singer, who has also starred in British soaps "Brookside and the Bill", is adamant she will fully recover for the sake of her daughter. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I'm going to kick this cancer's a**. The best thing about having a child is I have the extra strength because I want to see her grow up and I have to be strong for her."
And Nolan insists she isn't fazed by the prospect of losing her breasts or hair due to the savage cancer treatment. She adds, "I'm fighting this. I'm going to kick its a**. Take one breast, take them both, I don't care. I'm strong and I'm not going to let this defeat me."
"I'm going to lose my hair - they've told me that because of the strength of the chemo they have to give me... but I don't care, I'll wear a wig." Nolan's sisters Linda and Anne, who were her co-singers in the group, have both won battles with breast cancer in the last decade.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie