Carrie Underwood Wants Low-Key Wedding With Mike Fisher
Country star Carrie Underwood wants to keep her upcoming wedding a small affair - but she's struggling to whittle down the number of guests she wants to invite. The singer became engaged to ice hockey player Mike Fisher at Christmas 2009 and they have already started planning their big day.
Underwood has decided to mark her nuptials by having her pet dog as a ringbearer and serving cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. The "Before He Cheats" hitmaker is trying to keep her wedding plans modest, inviting only a select few close family members and friends, but she also wants all of her work colleagues to attend the ceremony.
Speaking to U.S. talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, she says, "Everybody would always ask me questions like, what have you always dreamed of? This is your day. I never thought about it until I was engaged. I wasn't one of those little girls that always dreamed about getting married. So I have no idea what I'm doing, basically... We're both so laid back. We pick out food and we know where we're going to be."
"We're trying to keep it as small as possible but he has so many family members and all my friends are people that I work with and I love to death so. We're trying to keep it as small as possible."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says