Carrie Underwood Wants Low-Key Wedding With Mike Fisher
Country star Carrie Underwood wants to keep her upcoming wedding a small affair - but she's struggling to whittle down the number of guests she wants to invite. The singer became engaged to ice hockey player Mike Fisher at Christmas 2009 and they have already started planning their big day.
Underwood has decided to mark her nuptials by having her pet dog as a ringbearer and serving cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. The "Before He Cheats" hitmaker is trying to keep her wedding plans modest, inviting only a select few close family members and friends, but she also wants all of her work colleagues to attend the ceremony.
Speaking to U.S. talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, she says, "Everybody would always ask me questions like, what have you always dreamed of? This is your day. I never thought about it until I was engaged. I wasn't one of those little girls that always dreamed about getting married. So I have no idea what I'm doing, basically... We're both so laid back. We pick out food and we know where we're going to be."
"We're trying to keep it as small as possible but he has so many family members and all my friends are people that I work with and I love to death so. We're trying to keep it as small as possible."
More Carrie Underwood News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival