Annie Lennox Cancels Idol Gives Back Performance
Annie Lennox has been forced to scrap an appearance on upcoming charity show Idol Gives Back after the travel chaos in Europe left her unable to catch a flight from the U.K. to America. The Scottish singer had been due to take part in the "American Idol" fundraiser on Wednesday, April 21, alongside stars including Sir Elton John, Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige, who will all be performing to help raise money for good causes.
But Lennox has been left stranded in Europe after the majority of flights were grounded following the recent volcanic eruption in Iceland. "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest confirmed the news in an interview with TV journalist Larry King.
He says, "Annie Lennox is scheduled to perform, but I understand that... she may be stuck (in) Europe. She can't get here." Ellen DeGeneres, who is a member of the show's judging panel, adds, "She was supposed to (perform). Annie Lennox was supposed to be on my show tomorrow. She can't get out of Europe."
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director