Annie Lennox Cancels Idol Gives Back Performance
Annie Lennox has been forced to scrap an appearance on upcoming charity show Idol Gives Back after the travel chaos in Europe left her unable to catch a flight from the U.K. to America. The Scottish singer had been due to take part in the "American Idol" fundraiser on Wednesday, April 21, alongside stars including Sir Elton John, Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige, who will all be performing to help raise money for good causes.
But Lennox has been left stranded in Europe after the majority of flights were grounded following the recent volcanic eruption in Iceland. "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest confirmed the news in an interview with TV journalist Larry King.
He says, "Annie Lennox is scheduled to perform, but I understand that... she may be stuck (in) Europe. She can't get here." Ellen DeGeneres, who is a member of the show's judging panel, adds, "She was supposed to (perform). Annie Lennox was supposed to be on my show tomorrow. She can't get out of Europe."
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2