Annie Lennox Cancels Idol Gives Back Performance
Annie Lennox has been forced to scrap an appearance on upcoming charity show Idol Gives Back after the travel chaos in Europe left her unable to catch a flight from the U.K. to America. The Scottish singer had been due to take part in the "American Idol" fundraiser on Wednesday, April 21, alongside stars including Sir Elton John, Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige, who will all be performing to help raise money for good causes.
But Lennox has been left stranded in Europe after the majority of flights were grounded following the recent volcanic eruption in Iceland. "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest confirmed the news in an interview with TV journalist Larry King.
He says, "Annie Lennox is scheduled to perform, but I understand that... she may be stuck (in) Europe. She can't get here." Ellen DeGeneres, who is a member of the show's judging panel, adds, "She was supposed to (perform). Annie Lennox was supposed to be on my show tomorrow. She can't get out of Europe."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'