Annie Lennox Cancels Idol Gives Back Performance
Annie Lennox has been forced to scrap an appearance on upcoming charity show Idol Gives Back after the travel chaos in Europe left her unable to catch a flight from the U.K. to America. The Scottish singer had been due to take part in the "American Idol" fundraiser on Wednesday, April 21, alongside stars including Sir Elton John, Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige, who will all be performing to help raise money for good causes.
But Lennox has been left stranded in Europe after the majority of flights were grounded following the recent volcanic eruption in Iceland. "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest confirmed the news in an interview with TV journalist Larry King.
He says, "Annie Lennox is scheduled to perform, but I understand that... she may be stuck (in) Europe. She can't get here." Ellen DeGeneres, who is a member of the show's judging panel, adds, "She was supposed to (perform). Annie Lennox was supposed to be on my show tomorrow. She can't get out of Europe."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'