Annie Lennox Cancels Idol Gives Back Performance
Annie Lennox has been forced to scrap an appearance on upcoming charity show Idol Gives Back after the travel chaos in Europe left her unable to catch a flight from the U.K. to America. The Scottish singer had been due to take part in the "American Idol" fundraiser on Wednesday, April 21, alongside stars including Sir Elton John, Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige, who will all be performing to help raise money for good causes.
But Lennox has been left stranded in Europe after the majority of flights were grounded following the recent volcanic eruption in Iceland. "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest confirmed the news in an interview with TV journalist Larry King.
He says, "Annie Lennox is scheduled to perform, but I understand that... she may be stuck (in) Europe. She can't get here." Ellen DeGeneres, who is a member of the show's judging panel, adds, "She was supposed to (perform). Annie Lennox was supposed to be on my show tomorrow. She can't get out of Europe."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed