Susan Boyle to Release Tell-All Book This Autumn
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is set to tell her life story - she has signed a deal to write her autobiography. The "I Dreamed a Dream" hitmaker shot to international stardom on Simon Cowell's TV talent show "Britain's Got Talent" last year, and after a whirlwind 12 months which has seen her top album charts all over the world, the 49 year old wants to lift the lid on her life.
She has teamed up with publishers Transworld to detail her background, and plans to pay tribute to her late mother who she cared for until her death in 2007, at the age of 91. She says, "When I strutted on to the stage for that audition, I was a scared wee lassie (little lady), still grieving for my mother, not caring how I looked. I think I've grown up a lot in the last year, become more of a lady, and I'm not so frightened anymore."
"I'm writing this book to try to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover and I hope it will benefit other people. My story demonstrates that you shouldn't just look at the label, you should look at the whole person, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually."
"I hope that telling it will show that dreams are not impossible, if you've got courage and a willingness to go on no matter what the circumstances."
The new tome, "The Woman I Was Born to Be", will hit stores in the autumn.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'