Susan Boyle to Release Tell-All Book This Autumn
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is set to tell her life story - she has signed a deal to write her autobiography. The "I Dreamed a Dream" hitmaker shot to international stardom on Simon Cowell's TV talent show "Britain's Got Talent" last year, and after a whirlwind 12 months which has seen her top album charts all over the world, the 49 year old wants to lift the lid on her life.
She has teamed up with publishers Transworld to detail her background, and plans to pay tribute to her late mother who she cared for until her death in 2007, at the age of 91. She says, "When I strutted on to the stage for that audition, I was a scared wee lassie (little lady), still grieving for my mother, not caring how I looked. I think I've grown up a lot in the last year, become more of a lady, and I'm not so frightened anymore."
"I'm writing this book to try to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover and I hope it will benefit other people. My story demonstrates that you shouldn't just look at the label, you should look at the whole person, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually."
"I hope that telling it will show that dreams are not impossible, if you've got courage and a willingness to go on no matter what the circumstances."
The new tome, "The Woman I Was Born to Be", will hit stores in the autumn.
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards