Susan Boyle to Release Tell-All Book This Autumn
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is set to tell her life story - she has signed a deal to write her autobiography. The "I Dreamed a Dream" hitmaker shot to international stardom on Simon Cowell's TV talent show "Britain's Got Talent" last year, and after a whirlwind 12 months which has seen her top album charts all over the world, the 49 year old wants to lift the lid on her life.
She has teamed up with publishers Transworld to detail her background, and plans to pay tribute to her late mother who she cared for until her death in 2007, at the age of 91. She says, "When I strutted on to the stage for that audition, I was a scared wee lassie (little lady), still grieving for my mother, not caring how I looked. I think I've grown up a lot in the last year, become more of a lady, and I'm not so frightened anymore."
"I'm writing this book to try to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover and I hope it will benefit other people. My story demonstrates that you shouldn't just look at the label, you should look at the whole person, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually."
"I hope that telling it will show that dreams are not impossible, if you've got courage and a willingness to go on no matter what the circumstances."
The new tome, "The Woman I Was Born to Be", will hit stores in the autumn.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri