Club Owner Denies Kicking Out Kiefer Sutherland
The owner of top London strip club Stringfellows has shot down reports Kiefer Sutherland was ejected from the venue due to drunken behavior, insisting paparazzi shots of the incident have been spun out of control. The "24" star was enjoying a boozy night out with a pal on Thursday, April 15 and decided to end the night at exotic dance venue Stringfellows.
British tabloid The Sun reported the inebriated actor began dancing erratically with his shirt off and shouting inside the club before getting into a scuffle with security when he was allegedly asked to leave. But club boss Peter Stringfellow has dismissed the claims, insisting Sutherland was never booted out of the venue and was polite to every member of staff.
In a blog post on the Stringfellows website, he writes, "(Sutherland) had a wonderful time, was incredibly charming to all the staff, very generous to all the girls and made friends with my security people. Around about 3.15am he decided it would be very funny to take his shirt off. When it was explained to him very gently that that was the job of the girls and not the customers he burst out laughing. His friend thought that this would be a good time for them go home."
Stringfellow goes on to clarify pictures appearing to show Sutherland being held in a headlock by club bouncers as he stumbled to his car in the early hours of Friday, April 16. He adds, "One of the photos in The Sun looks like my security guys got Kiefer in a headlock. That is NOT the case they were just helping him into his car. Kiefer had slipped and the doorman tried to catch him and at the same time keep the photographers from taking photos, needless to say none of this worked and the paparazzi had a field day."
Stringfellow ends his note with an open invitation to Sutherland to return to the strip club whenever he's in London: "Kiefer, if you read this we'd love to see you at the club. The girls had a terrific time with you and you are welcome back at Stringfellows anytime."
Sutherland's drinking has previously landed him in trouble with the police - he served 48 days in prison in 2007 and early 2008 after pleading no contest to a driving under the influence (DUI) charge.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7