Club Owner Denies Kicking Out Kiefer Sutherland
The owner of top London strip club Stringfellows has shot down reports Kiefer Sutherland was ejected from the venue due to drunken behavior, insisting paparazzi shots of the incident have been spun out of control. The "24" star was enjoying a boozy night out with a pal on Thursday, April 15 and decided to end the night at exotic dance venue Stringfellows.
British tabloid The Sun reported the inebriated actor began dancing erratically with his shirt off and shouting inside the club before getting into a scuffle with security when he was allegedly asked to leave. But club boss Peter Stringfellow has dismissed the claims, insisting Sutherland was never booted out of the venue and was polite to every member of staff.
In a blog post on the Stringfellows website, he writes, "(Sutherland) had a wonderful time, was incredibly charming to all the staff, very generous to all the girls and made friends with my security people. Around about 3.15am he decided it would be very funny to take his shirt off. When it was explained to him very gently that that was the job of the girls and not the customers he burst out laughing. His friend thought that this would be a good time for them go home."
Stringfellow goes on to clarify pictures appearing to show Sutherland being held in a headlock by club bouncers as he stumbled to his car in the early hours of Friday, April 16. He adds, "One of the photos in The Sun looks like my security guys got Kiefer in a headlock. That is NOT the case they were just helping him into his car. Kiefer had slipped and the doorman tried to catch him and at the same time keep the photographers from taking photos, needless to say none of this worked and the paparazzi had a field day."
Stringfellow ends his note with an open invitation to Sutherland to return to the strip club whenever he's in London: "Kiefer, if you read this we'd love to see you at the club. The girls had a terrific time with you and you are welcome back at Stringfellows anytime."
Sutherland's drinking has previously landed him in trouble with the police - he served 48 days in prison in 2007 and early 2008 after pleading no contest to a driving under the influence (DUI) charge.
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'