Baseball Player Was Kenny Chesney's First Choice
Country singer Kenny Chesney had another job in mind before his music career took off - he wanted to be a baseball star. The singer/songwriter played on his high school baseball team when he was a teen, before he landed his first record deal.
And he decided to pursue music full-time after realizing his smaller stature would hinder his dream of becoming a professional player. He says, "I wanted to be an athlete. I quit growing when I was a freshman in high school so that was a problem. (I played) baseball. I was second base."
Kenny Chesney went on becoming one of the most successful country musicians in his era. He has received six Academy of Country Music Awards, including four consecutive Entertainer of the Year Awards from 2005 to 2008.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame