Baseball Player Was Kenny Chesney's First Choice
Country singer Kenny Chesney had another job in mind before his music career took off - he wanted to be a baseball star. The singer/songwriter played on his high school baseball team when he was a teen, before he landed his first record deal.
And he decided to pursue music full-time after realizing his smaller stature would hinder his dream of becoming a professional player. He says, "I wanted to be an athlete. I quit growing when I was a freshman in high school so that was a problem. (I played) baseball. I was second base."
Kenny Chesney went on becoming one of the most successful country musicians in his era. He has received six Academy of Country Music Awards, including four consecutive Entertainer of the Year Awards from 2005 to 2008.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby