Baseball Player Was Kenny Chesney's First Choice
Country singer Kenny Chesney had another job in mind before his music career took off - he wanted to be a baseball star. The singer/songwriter played on his high school baseball team when he was a teen, before he landed his first record deal.
And he decided to pursue music full-time after realizing his smaller stature would hinder his dream of becoming a professional player. He says, "I wanted to be an athlete. I quit growing when I was a freshman in high school so that was a problem. (I played) baseball. I was second base."
Kenny Chesney went on becoming one of the most successful country musicians in his era. He has received six Academy of Country Music Awards, including four consecutive Entertainer of the Year Awards from 2005 to 2008.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video