Baseball Player Was Kenny Chesney's First Choice
Country singer Kenny Chesney had another job in mind before his music career took off - he wanted to be a baseball star. The singer/songwriter played on his high school baseball team when he was a teen, before he landed his first record deal.
And he decided to pursue music full-time after realizing his smaller stature would hinder his dream of becoming a professional player. He says, "I wanted to be an athlete. I quit growing when I was a freshman in high school so that was a problem. (I played) baseball. I was second base."
Kenny Chesney went on becoming one of the most successful country musicians in his era. He has received six Academy of Country Music Awards, including four consecutive Entertainer of the Year Awards from 2005 to 2008.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'