Baseball Player Was Kenny Chesney's First Choice
Country singer Kenny Chesney had another job in mind before his music career took off - he wanted to be a baseball star. The singer/songwriter played on his high school baseball team when he was a teen, before he landed his first record deal.
And he decided to pursue music full-time after realizing his smaller stature would hinder his dream of becoming a professional player. He says, "I wanted to be an athlete. I quit growing when I was a freshman in high school so that was a problem. (I played) baseball. I was second base."
Kenny Chesney went on becoming one of the most successful country musicians in his era. He has received six Academy of Country Music Awards, including four consecutive Entertainer of the Year Awards from 2005 to 2008.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie