Dominic Monaghan Suffers From the Same Injury David Beckham Has
"The Lord of the Rings" star Dominic Monaghan is hobbling around Hollywood after breaking his foot while surfing. According to the actor's publicist, the star has smashed his metatarsal - the same injury that has prompted his soccer hero David Beckham to pull out of the upcoming World Cup.
Ironically, Monaghan was sympathizing with Beckham on U.S. TV a month ago, when he told chat show host Jimmy Kimmel he really felt for the English soccer legend. He told the host, "I'm a big Beckham fan; he's a Manchester United legend. Obviously I was pretty heartbroken that he got hurt the other night... He's my age... but, as a footballer, it's gonna be tough for him to come back. We're all hoping that he will. He's such an ambassador for the sport... and he's a handsome devil as well."
Monaghan made his first outing since breaking his foot to pick up antique furniture in West Hollywood for his Los Feliz, California home on Friday, April 9. An eyewitness tells WENN, "He was struggling with every step. He was obviously in a lot of pain."
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Tom Hanks, Piers Morgan, Donald Trump and More Mourn the Death of Space Legend John Glenn
- Are Caitlyn Jenner and Amber Rose Wooing Each Other?