Dominic Monaghan Suffers From the Same Injury David Beckham Has
"The Lord of the Rings" star Dominic Monaghan is hobbling around Hollywood after breaking his foot while surfing. According to the actor's publicist, the star has smashed his metatarsal - the same injury that has prompted his soccer hero David Beckham to pull out of the upcoming World Cup.
Ironically, Monaghan was sympathizing with Beckham on U.S. TV a month ago, when he told chat show host Jimmy Kimmel he really felt for the English soccer legend. He told the host, "I'm a big Beckham fan; he's a Manchester United legend. Obviously I was pretty heartbroken that he got hurt the other night... He's my age... but, as a footballer, it's gonna be tough for him to come back. We're all hoping that he will. He's such an ambassador for the sport... and he's a handsome devil as well."
Monaghan made his first outing since breaking his foot to pick up antique furniture in West Hollywood for his Los Feliz, California home on Friday, April 9. An eyewitness tells WENN, "He was struggling with every step. He was obviously in a lot of pain."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'