Dominic Monaghan Suffers From the Same Injury David Beckham Has
"The Lord of the Rings" star Dominic Monaghan is hobbling around Hollywood after breaking his foot while surfing. According to the actor's publicist, the star has smashed his metatarsal - the same injury that has prompted his soccer hero David Beckham to pull out of the upcoming World Cup.
Ironically, Monaghan was sympathizing with Beckham on U.S. TV a month ago, when he told chat show host Jimmy Kimmel he really felt for the English soccer legend. He told the host, "I'm a big Beckham fan; he's a Manchester United legend. Obviously I was pretty heartbroken that he got hurt the other night... He's my age... but, as a footballer, it's gonna be tough for him to come back. We're all hoping that he will. He's such an ambassador for the sport... and he's a handsome devil as well."
Monaghan made his first outing since breaking his foot to pick up antique furniture in West Hollywood for his Los Feliz, California home on Friday, April 9. An eyewitness tells WENN, "He was struggling with every step. He was obviously in a lot of pain."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny