Liam Gallagher Slaps Fellow Stars for Moaning at Illegal Downloads
Former Oasis' frontman Liam Gallagher is urging his fellow musicians to stop complaining about illegal internet downloads because online file-sharing is a good way to introduce music to fans. Politicians in the U.K. passed a controversial bill this week which introduces far-reaching measures to stop the public taking copyrighted material from the web for free.
Many musicians have spoken out in favor of the crackdown, including Lily Allen, Elton John and Annie Lennox, but Gallagher is adamant stars should stop campaigning against illegal downloaders because they actually help popularize music.
He tells Britain's ShortList magazine, "Downloading's the same as what I used to do - I used to tape the charts of the songs I liked (from the radio). I don't mind it. I hate all these big, silly rock stars who moan - at least they're f**king downloading your music, you c**t, and paying attention, know what I mean? You should f**king appreciate that - what are you moaning about? You've got f**king five big houses, so shut up."
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?