Jennifer Hudson Is New WeightWatchers' Spokeswoman
Jennifer Hudson is hoping to inspire others to shed the pounds as the new spokeswoman for WeightWatchers. The voluptuous "Dreamgirls" star has been sticking to the firm's healthy lifestyle plan and has managed to drop 60 pounds (27 kilograms) since welcoming little David Jr., her first son with fiance David Otunga, in August 2009.
And she can't wait to begin her spokesperson role so she can help others get in shape too. Hudson says, "I have been losing weight with WeightWatchers, and I feel great. I'm excited to share my progress, my favorite things, my blog and more... I'm learning so much about healthy living, and I'm proud of how far I've come."
"One of the things I am most excited about in my life right now is that I can finally tell everyone what I have been doing to lose weight. It has been so hard not to say I've been following WeightWatchers, especially since people are constantly complimenting me on how I look. Really, I've been dying to tell people what my 'secret' is!"
Hudson credits her baby boy with inspiring her drastic weight loss, because she wants to set a healthy example for the growing tot. But she insists she's always loved her curves, and only began seriously restricting what she eats after giving birth.
She explains, "I was very comfortable with myself before. It's just, OK, I have a child now and I want to set a great example for him. (It's about) making better life choices, health choices, and just creating a good example for him. It's about balance." The singer/actress has taped a TV ad campaign for WeightWatchers, which will begin airing in the U.S. on Easter Sunday, April 4.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?