Thomas Haden Church Gives Up Bull Riding After Pelvis Injury
Thomas Haden Church has given up his dream of learning to ride a bull like a pro after breaking his pelvis while training for the rodeo sport. The "Sideways" star finally got the guts to pursue his lifelong dream after he finding fame.
But after weeks of training, Church was thrown off his bull in a painful accident that left him nursing a broken pelvic bone. The 49-year-old actor says, "When I was a kid I was like, 'Bull rider guys are the most courageous humans on earth!' So then I went to a bull riding school and I broke my pelvis the last day of the school."
The incident forced Church to give up the dangerous hobby after it proved too risky for his acting career. He adds, "I had to go straight from the school to the airport to fly to New York to do some publicity stuff. And as soon as I got off the plane to New York I couldn't even stand up. I was like, 'You might as well take me to Lenox (Hill) hospital. Something was broken in my core region. My buttocks had swollen to french loaves of bread!"
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video