Thomas Haden Church Gives Up Bull Riding After Pelvis Injury
Thomas Haden Church has given up his dream of learning to ride a bull like a pro after breaking his pelvis while training for the rodeo sport. The "Sideways" star finally got the guts to pursue his lifelong dream after he finding fame.
But after weeks of training, Church was thrown off his bull in a painful accident that left him nursing a broken pelvic bone. The 49-year-old actor says, "When I was a kid I was like, 'Bull rider guys are the most courageous humans on earth!' So then I went to a bull riding school and I broke my pelvis the last day of the school."
The incident forced Church to give up the dangerous hobby after it proved too risky for his acting career. He adds, "I had to go straight from the school to the airport to fly to New York to do some publicity stuff. And as soon as I got off the plane to New York I couldn't even stand up. I was like, 'You might as well take me to Lenox (Hill) hospital. Something was broken in my core region. My buttocks had swollen to french loaves of bread!"
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo