Raquel Welch Confesses That Modeling Agents Hated Her Body
Legendary beauty Raquel Welch struggled to land jobs as a model when she first arrived in Hollywood - because agents "hated" her celebrated curves. The 69-year-old first showed off her impressive body in "One Million Years B.C." and soon became a pin-up for the 1960s.
But the sultry star admits industry bosses weren't immediately taken with her figure - and regularly turned her down for jobs. Welch tells U.S. talk show host Oprah Winfrey, "When I tried to do some modeling after I first came to L.A. - just to get a job - they hated my body. Everything was wrong."
"I had no idea that was the path I was going to be going in when I started my career, because I wanted to be an actress." And the star insists it takes hours of hard work to maintain her glamorous look, "I'll have my mornings when I really like myself, but 90 per cent of the time it's 'Oh my God'. One of the reasons I look so good is that it takes me about three hours to get ready."
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her