Raquel Welch Confesses That Modeling Agents Hated Her Body
Legendary beauty Raquel Welch struggled to land jobs as a model when she first arrived in Hollywood - because agents "hated" her celebrated curves. The 69-year-old first showed off her impressive body in "One Million Years B.C." and soon became a pin-up for the 1960s.
But the sultry star admits industry bosses weren't immediately taken with her figure - and regularly turned her down for jobs. Welch tells U.S. talk show host Oprah Winfrey, "When I tried to do some modeling after I first came to L.A. - just to get a job - they hated my body. Everything was wrong."
"I had no idea that was the path I was going to be going in when I started my career, because I wanted to be an actress." And the star insists it takes hours of hard work to maintain her glamorous look, "I'll have my mornings when I really like myself, but 90 per cent of the time it's 'Oh my God'. One of the reasons I look so good is that it takes me about three hours to get ready."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny