Raquel Welch Confesses That Modeling Agents Hated Her Body
Legendary beauty Raquel Welch struggled to land jobs as a model when she first arrived in Hollywood - because agents "hated" her celebrated curves. The 69-year-old first showed off her impressive body in "One Million Years B.C." and soon became a pin-up for the 1960s.
But the sultry star admits industry bosses weren't immediately taken with her figure - and regularly turned her down for jobs. Welch tells U.S. talk show host Oprah Winfrey, "When I tried to do some modeling after I first came to L.A. - just to get a job - they hated my body. Everything was wrong."
"I had no idea that was the path I was going to be going in when I started my career, because I wanted to be an actress." And the star insists it takes hours of hard work to maintain her glamorous look, "I'll have my mornings when I really like myself, but 90 per cent of the time it's 'Oh my God'. One of the reasons I look so good is that it takes me about three hours to get ready."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics