Raquel Welch Confesses That Modeling Agents Hated Her Body
Legendary beauty Raquel Welch struggled to land jobs as a model when she first arrived in Hollywood - because agents "hated" her celebrated curves. The 69-year-old first showed off her impressive body in "One Million Years B.C." and soon became a pin-up for the 1960s.
But the sultry star admits industry bosses weren't immediately taken with her figure - and regularly turned her down for jobs. Welch tells U.S. talk show host Oprah Winfrey, "When I tried to do some modeling after I first came to L.A. - just to get a job - they hated my body. Everything was wrong."
"I had no idea that was the path I was going to be going in when I started my career, because I wanted to be an actress." And the star insists it takes hours of hard work to maintain her glamorous look, "I'll have my mornings when I really like myself, but 90 per cent of the time it's 'Oh my God'. One of the reasons I look so good is that it takes me about three hours to get ready."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show