Raquel Welch Confesses That Modeling Agents Hated Her Body
Legendary beauty Raquel Welch struggled to land jobs as a model when she first arrived in Hollywood - because agents "hated" her celebrated curves. The 69-year-old first showed off her impressive body in "One Million Years B.C." and soon became a pin-up for the 1960s.
But the sultry star admits industry bosses weren't immediately taken with her figure - and regularly turned her down for jobs. Welch tells U.S. talk show host Oprah Winfrey, "When I tried to do some modeling after I first came to L.A. - just to get a job - they hated my body. Everything was wrong."
"I had no idea that was the path I was going to be going in when I started my career, because I wanted to be an actress." And the star insists it takes hours of hard work to maintain her glamorous look, "I'll have my mornings when I really like myself, but 90 per cent of the time it's 'Oh my God'. One of the reasons I look so good is that it takes me about three hours to get ready."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story