Madonna to Reunite Her Adopted Daughter With Her Malawian Family
Madonna is set to fly to Africa to introduce her adopted daughter Mercy to her biological family, according to a U.K. report. The "Material Girl" 's four year old spent her formative years in an orphanage in Malawi before the singer took her home last year.
The tot's father James Kambewa launched a legal bid last April to regain custody of his daughter, but gave up his fight just two months later, June 2009. But now he's preparing to be reunited with little Mercy. Britain's The Sun claims Madonna is flying the girl, as well as her adopted son David, back to Malawi next week to meet the families they left behind.
A source tells the publication, "She promised to take them back to their homeland. She sees it as vital they understand their roots. Mercy's meeting with her family will be particularly emotional as it's the first time she's seen them since last summer."
More Madonna News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special