Madonna to Reunite Her Adopted Daughter With Her Malawian Family
Madonna is set to fly to Africa to introduce her adopted daughter Mercy to her biological family, according to a U.K. report. The "Material Girl" 's four year old spent her formative years in an orphanage in Malawi before the singer took her home last year.
The tot's father James Kambewa launched a legal bid last April to regain custody of his daughter, but gave up his fight just two months later, June 2009. But now he's preparing to be reunited with little Mercy. Britain's The Sun claims Madonna is flying the girl, as well as her adopted son David, back to Malawi next week to meet the families they left behind.
A source tells the publication, "She promised to take them back to their homeland. She sees it as vital they understand their roots. Mercy's meeting with her family will be particularly emotional as it's the first time she's seen them since last summer."
More Madonna News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'