Joe Jonas Always Figured Out One Day He Would Date Demi Lovato
Joe Jonas always knew he would date current girlfriend Demi Lovato - but was never sure when would be the right moment to take their friendship further. The Disney sensations grew close after appearing together in movie-musical "Camp Rock" in 2008.
They sparked rumors of a romance in October 2009 when they were spotted on a double date at a Toronto, Canada restaurant with Joe's older brother Kevin Jonas and his now-wife Danielle Deleasa. Lovato dismissed reports of a relationship back in November 2009, but she has since confirmed the pair is now an item.
And now Jonas has opened up about Lovato, revealing he started having stronger feelings for his "best friend" just over a month ago. Speaking during their first joint interview as a couple, Jonas tells U.S. host Ryan Seacrest on his radio show, "We've been best friends for the longest time and now we're taking the next step and it's been really fun."
"I think it kind of shifted over probably a month ago. I think we've always figured that one day it would happen but we didn't feel like it was the right time." And Lovato admits she has always felt strongly about her beau, but never admitted it before. She adds, "Being best friends for a while, over time feelings grow, and for me, as much as I wanted to deny it, the feelings were always there."
More Joe Jonas News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show