Bar Refaeli Very Grateful for Short Split From Leonardo DiCaprio
Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli credits her six month split from on/off boyfriend Leonardo DiCaprio in 2009 with saving their romance - because the time apart forced her to "grow up" and learn about herself. The beauty has been romantically involved with DiCaprio since 2005 but they parted briefly last summer before reuniting again by the end of the year.
Refaeli admits she was devastated by the relationship breakdown and went through a "tough time" dealing with her emotions - but the time apart proved to be key to their chemistry when they eventually got back together. The 24-year-old tells Israel's L'Isha magazine, "It was half a year for which I am very grateful. I needed it. I came to understand a lot of things about myself."
"I worked on myself (and) I grew up. I didn't know what 'alone' was like. Today I know that a relationship can work only if you know you can be alone and you are not afraid. Today I'm not afraid of being alone."
The couple recently dismissed reports they are engaged to wed and the model insists she's too young to settle down. She adds, "I'm not thinking about getting married. I'm still young, not yet 25." But Refaeli is supportive of everything the "Titanic" hunk does - even though she rarely walks the red carpet at high profile events with him.
"I am there for him and I am at all the events. I just don't walk in hand-in-hand with him. I don't see any reason. I don't need to strike poses with him in front of the cameras."
More Bar Refaeli News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked