Liam Hemsworth Cut From 'The Expendables'
Miley Cyrus' new boyfriend Liam Hemsworth has been dumped - from Sylvester Stallone's new action movie. The Aussie actor was among those dropped from all-star project "The Expendables" when writers decided they had too many characters. The late Brittany Murphy was also cut.
Hemsworth tells the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper that at least he got the chance to speak to Stallone over the role: "I was at my friend's house and I got a phone call from my Australian agent who had sent my tape in a few days before and he said, 'Stallone is going to call you in a few days,' and I went back into my buddy's house and said, 'Rocky's gonna give me a call, no big deal'."
"He called a few days later and it was weird speaking to him on the phone in my house, while I am looking at his DVDs of Rocky and Rambo on the shelf." But the character the action man hired him to play was one of six ultimately cut from the film.
It's not the first big role the Aussie star has lost - his big brother Chris Hemsworth beat him to the role of "Thor" in Kenneth Branagh's upcoming epic.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake