Liam Hemsworth Cut From 'The Expendables'
Miley Cyrus' new boyfriend Liam Hemsworth has been dumped - from Sylvester Stallone's new action movie. The Aussie actor was among those dropped from all-star project "The Expendables" when writers decided they had too many characters. The late Brittany Murphy was also cut.
Hemsworth tells the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper that at least he got the chance to speak to Stallone over the role: "I was at my friend's house and I got a phone call from my Australian agent who had sent my tape in a few days before and he said, 'Stallone is going to call you in a few days,' and I went back into my buddy's house and said, 'Rocky's gonna give me a call, no big deal'."
"He called a few days later and it was weird speaking to him on the phone in my house, while I am looking at his DVDs of Rocky and Rambo on the shelf." But the character the action man hired him to play was one of six ultimately cut from the film.
It's not the first big role the Aussie star has lost - his big brother Chris Hemsworth beat him to the role of "Thor" in Kenneth Branagh's upcoming epic.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna