Liam Hemsworth Cut From 'The Expendables'
Miley Cyrus' new boyfriend Liam Hemsworth has been dumped - from Sylvester Stallone's new action movie. The Aussie actor was among those dropped from all-star project "The Expendables" when writers decided they had too many characters. The late Brittany Murphy was also cut.
Hemsworth tells the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper that at least he got the chance to speak to Stallone over the role: "I was at my friend's house and I got a phone call from my Australian agent who had sent my tape in a few days before and he said, 'Stallone is going to call you in a few days,' and I went back into my buddy's house and said, 'Rocky's gonna give me a call, no big deal'."
"He called a few days later and it was weird speaking to him on the phone in my house, while I am looking at his DVDs of Rocky and Rambo on the shelf." But the character the action man hired him to play was one of six ultimately cut from the film.
It's not the first big role the Aussie star has lost - his big brother Chris Hemsworth beat him to the role of "Thor" in Kenneth Branagh's upcoming epic.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story