Robert Duvall to Be Honored at San Francisco Film Festival
Robert Duvall is to be honored with the Peter J. Owens Award at the San Francisco International Film Festival for his "incomparable acting career". The movie star will be feted with an onstage tribute at the Castro Theater on April 29.
The Owens Award, named for the longtime San Francisco benefactor of arts and charitable organizations and Film Society board member, honors an actor whose work exemplifies brilliance, independence and integrity. Past recipients include Robert Redford, Maria Bello, Robin Williams, Ed Harris, Sean Penn and Nicolas Cage.
San Francisco Chronicle further reports that the actor will have an onstage tribute on April 30, the day after he gets his award. The tribute will feature a highlights clip of his career, an onstage interview and a screening of his most recent film, "Get Low".
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton