The Smashing Pumpkins Look for New Bassist and Keyboardist in Open Auditions
Rocker Billy Corgan has launched a new open audition process to find a new bassist and keyboard player for The Smashing Pumpkins. Corgan has been forced to replace bassist Ginger Pooley after she quit the band last week to concentrate on motherhood. In the meantime, The Electric Prunes' star Mark Tulin will fill in.
Corgan launched an audition process to find his new drummer Mike Byrne in 2009 after longtime collaborator Jimmy Chamberlin quit the new-look Pumpkins. Pooley, who toured with Corgan and the band in 2007 and 2008, says, "With sorrow and yet with much thankfulness for the opportunity to have played in the Pumpkins, I am sad to say that I can no longer tour with the Pumpkins."
"I've been blessed beyond belief over the past few years through playing with the Pumpkins, (but) my priority now is to keep our little family unit together, which includes my husband and my baby. Although I do plan on continuing to do music in different forms, my priority is for neither for my husband nor myself to be apart from our daughter so that we can raise her together. I wish Billy all the best and look forward to seeing the Pumpkins in the near future."
Corgan adds, "Although I am heartbroken that Ginger is leaving the group, I really respect her decision to put her family first. I appreciate everything that she has contributed to The Smashing Pumpkins, and I'm proud of her for being such a great musician and friend."
"We were lucky enough to find drummer Mike Byrne through an open audition process, so why not open the doors again to anyone who might be interested for the bass or keyboard position. As you can see from our past and present, age, race, or a person's background is not an issue. Everyone is truly welcome to audition."
Hopefuls are being asked to send background information, photos and performance web links via email to PumpkinsBass@gmail.com or PumpkinsKeys@gmail.com. The final date for submission is March 31.
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher