Foo Fighters Ditch Hiatus to Work With Butch Vig
Rockers the Foo Fighters have ended their hiatus after landing the chance to work with Nirvana producer Butch Vig in the studio. Frontman Dave Grohl has abandoned his plans to concentrate on other projects after getting the opportunity to reteam with the mastermind behind the iconic "Nevermind" album.
As a result, Foo Fighters' seventh album will mark the 20th anniversary of Nirvana's "Nevermind", which Vig produced in 1991. Grohl reveals he and Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins have already started work on the band's new material and work on the new album started on Monday, March 8 in the frontman's garage recording studio. Grohl tells Rolling Stone, "I think this could be our heaviest album yet."
The announcement comes just four months after Grohl revealed he and his bandmates were taking a break from each other after 15 years, claiming last year's greatest hits record marked the end of an era. He said, "The band decided to take a break, not because we wanted to stop making music, but because we thought the world needed to take a break from us."
"This greatest hits record, that's the end of something... It's time to move on into this next chapter or another phase. Maybe it will be different in whatever way. I don't know. It's nice to not know what's going to happen next. We're going over to do some shows in Europe, but, after that, it's like I don't even know when I'm going to see these guys. So it's kind of weird."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture