Foo Fighters Ditch Hiatus to Work With Butch Vig
Rockers the Foo Fighters have ended their hiatus after landing the chance to work with Nirvana producer Butch Vig in the studio. Frontman Dave Grohl has abandoned his plans to concentrate on other projects after getting the opportunity to reteam with the mastermind behind the iconic "Nevermind" album.
As a result, Foo Fighters' seventh album will mark the 20th anniversary of Nirvana's "Nevermind", which Vig produced in 1991. Grohl reveals he and Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins have already started work on the band's new material and work on the new album started on Monday, March 8 in the frontman's garage recording studio. Grohl tells Rolling Stone, "I think this could be our heaviest album yet."
The announcement comes just four months after Grohl revealed he and his bandmates were taking a break from each other after 15 years, claiming last year's greatest hits record marked the end of an era. He said, "The band decided to take a break, not because we wanted to stop making music, but because we thought the world needed to take a break from us."
"This greatest hits record, that's the end of something... It's time to move on into this next chapter or another phase. Maybe it will be different in whatever way. I don't know. It's nice to not know what's going to happen next. We're going over to do some shows in Europe, but, after that, it's like I don't even know when I'm going to see these guys. So it's kind of weird."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'