Forest Whitaker Not Snubbing Louis Armstrong's Marijuana Love in Biopic
Forest Whitaker is sure to shock fans of jazz crooner Louis Armstrong by focusing on "Satchmo" 's love of marijuana in his next movie. The "Crying Game" star will star as Armstrong and direct the biopic in 2011, and he insists he won't be shying away from the most controversial aspects of the "We Have All the Time in the World" singer's life.
The actor/director says, "He smoked weed every day and it's in the movie where he wrote to the president to try and make it legal. We will have that in the film." And Whitaker is taking time out to make sure his portrayal of Armstrong is Oscar worthy, "I'm taking a year to prepare and practice the trumpet."
His biopic project aside, Forest Whitaker recently took part at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards as he went to the stage to introduce the Best Actress nominees, along with Oprah Winfrey, Michael Sheen, Stanley Tucci and Peter Sarsgaard.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'