Forest Whitaker Not Snubbing Louis Armstrong's Marijuana Love in Biopic
Forest Whitaker is sure to shock fans of jazz crooner Louis Armstrong by focusing on "Satchmo" 's love of marijuana in his next movie. The "Crying Game" star will star as Armstrong and direct the biopic in 2011, and he insists he won't be shying away from the most controversial aspects of the "We Have All the Time in the World" singer's life.
The actor/director says, "He smoked weed every day and it's in the movie where he wrote to the president to try and make it legal. We will have that in the film." And Whitaker is taking time out to make sure his portrayal of Armstrong is Oscar worthy, "I'm taking a year to prepare and practice the trumpet."
His biopic project aside, Forest Whitaker recently took part at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards as he went to the stage to introduce the Best Actress nominees, along with Oprah Winfrey, Michael Sheen, Stanley Tucci and Peter Sarsgaard.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'