Forest Whitaker Not Snubbing Louis Armstrong's Marijuana Love in Biopic
Forest Whitaker is sure to shock fans of jazz crooner Louis Armstrong by focusing on "Satchmo" 's love of marijuana in his next movie. The "Crying Game" star will star as Armstrong and direct the biopic in 2011, and he insists he won't be shying away from the most controversial aspects of the "We Have All the Time in the World" singer's life.
The actor/director says, "He smoked weed every day and it's in the movie where he wrote to the president to try and make it legal. We will have that in the film." And Whitaker is taking time out to make sure his portrayal of Armstrong is Oscar worthy, "I'm taking a year to prepare and practice the trumpet."
His biopic project aside, Forest Whitaker recently took part at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards as he went to the stage to introduce the Best Actress nominees, along with Oprah Winfrey, Michael Sheen, Stanley Tucci and Peter Sarsgaard.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival