Forest Whitaker Not Snubbing Louis Armstrong's Marijuana Love in Biopic
Forest Whitaker is sure to shock fans of jazz crooner Louis Armstrong by focusing on "Satchmo" 's love of marijuana in his next movie. The "Crying Game" star will star as Armstrong and direct the biopic in 2011, and he insists he won't be shying away from the most controversial aspects of the "We Have All the Time in the World" singer's life.
The actor/director says, "He smoked weed every day and it's in the movie where he wrote to the president to try and make it legal. We will have that in the film." And Whitaker is taking time out to make sure his portrayal of Armstrong is Oscar worthy, "I'm taking a year to prepare and practice the trumpet."
His biopic project aside, Forest Whitaker recently took part at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards as he went to the stage to introduce the Best Actress nominees, along with Oprah Winfrey, Michael Sheen, Stanley Tucci and Peter Sarsgaard.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3