Mika Lost His French Knighthood Medal
Singer Mika was knighted for his services to music in Paris, France at a secret ceremony in February - but misplaced his medal on the same day. The "Grace Kelly" hitmaker was handed the Knight in the Order of Arts honor at the prestigious ceremony - but admits he hasn't taken care of the revered prize.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "I'm a knight, but nobody knows about it. About a month ago I was one of the youngest people to ever be made a chevalier in France. It goes after my name, Mika chevalier des arts. It's a metal medal with a tiny little green ribbon, but the first night I wore it I lost it. I lost it outside my flat. I spent 45 minutes by the Tube station looking for it, literally on my hands and knees."
"My sister bumped into me on the street and said, 'What the f**k are you doing,' and I had to say, 'Looking for my knighthood'. She thought I was crazy." Previous recipients of the honor include Kylie Minogue and George Clooney.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7