Mika Lost His French Knighthood Medal
Singer Mika was knighted for his services to music in Paris, France at a secret ceremony in February - but misplaced his medal on the same day. The "Grace Kelly" hitmaker was handed the Knight in the Order of Arts honor at the prestigious ceremony - but admits he hasn't taken care of the revered prize.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "I'm a knight, but nobody knows about it. About a month ago I was one of the youngest people to ever be made a chevalier in France. It goes after my name, Mika chevalier des arts. It's a metal medal with a tiny little green ribbon, but the first night I wore it I lost it. I lost it outside my flat. I spent 45 minutes by the Tube station looking for it, literally on my hands and knees."
"My sister bumped into me on the street and said, 'What the f**k are you doing,' and I had to say, 'Looking for my knighthood'. She thought I was crazy." Previous recipients of the honor include Kylie Minogue and George Clooney.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna