Robert Pattinson Holds Up His Music Dream
Movie hunk Robert Pattinson has been forced to put his musical efforts on hold because fame has robbed him of his inspiration - he can no longer show up at open mic nights and make up tunes on the spot. The "Twilight" star admits his best lyrics came from terrifying moments onstage in tiny London talent clubs - and now he can't set foot in the same places because he fears he'll be mobbed by fans.
He tells WENN, "I used to write a lot more music by just doing gigs, just turning up to open mics and stuff with two lines of the song and then the pressure would force me to make something up on the spot. And I can't really do that anymore, which was my main process for writing songs. When I sit down to write some lyrics it just sounds like rubbish. All the songs I've done before were based on as much of a stream of consciousness as you can get."
But Pattinson, who wrote and performed tunes for the "Twilight" soundtrack, insists he hasn't given up his dreams of becoming a music star, "I've been talking to people (producers) about stuff for ages, where I play a musician. I'd really like to, but it's quite difficult to do. I think it's a bit risky as well. I think I'm doing another movie after the movie I'm doing now but I think I'll try and write some music, hopefully by the end of the year."
More Robert Pattinson News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie