Rock Festival Featuring Faithless Gets Dropped
A top Romanian rock festival set to feature dance stars Faithless has been canceled after falling victim to the struggling economy. The 2010 B'estFest was due to be held in the capital city of Bucharest in July, but organisers announced this summer's three-day event would not be going ahead because of a lack of funds.
A statement released by Laura Coronianu, CEO of festival promoters Emagic, says, "Because of the recession still affecting many branches of global economy, B'estFest's organisers, Emagic, has made the decision to postpone this year's edition."
"An event of this size has enormous costs, which cannot be supported exclusively by ticket selling, on this market affected by cuts in the marketing and advertising budgets."
However, Faithless fans will not be let down - the British band has agreed to go ahead with plans to perform in Romania and have announced a concert on July 16, when they were expected to take to the stage at B'estFest. B'estFest has attracted more than 150,000 music fans each year since its launch in 2007.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday