Rock Festival Featuring Faithless Gets Dropped
A top Romanian rock festival set to feature dance stars Faithless has been canceled after falling victim to the struggling economy. The 2010 B'estFest was due to be held in the capital city of Bucharest in July, but organisers announced this summer's three-day event would not be going ahead because of a lack of funds.
A statement released by Laura Coronianu, CEO of festival promoters Emagic, says, "Because of the recession still affecting many branches of global economy, B'estFest's organisers, Emagic, has made the decision to postpone this year's edition."
"An event of this size has enormous costs, which cannot be supported exclusively by ticket selling, on this market affected by cuts in the marketing and advertising budgets."
However, Faithless fans will not be let down - the British band has agreed to go ahead with plans to perform in Romania and have announced a concert on July 16, when they were expected to take to the stage at B'estFest. B'estFest has attracted more than 150,000 music fans each year since its launch in 2007.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress