Rock Festival Featuring Faithless Gets Dropped
A top Romanian rock festival set to feature dance stars Faithless has been canceled after falling victim to the struggling economy. The 2010 B'estFest was due to be held in the capital city of Bucharest in July, but organisers announced this summer's three-day event would not be going ahead because of a lack of funds.
A statement released by Laura Coronianu, CEO of festival promoters Emagic, says, "Because of the recession still affecting many branches of global economy, B'estFest's organisers, Emagic, has made the decision to postpone this year's edition."
"An event of this size has enormous costs, which cannot be supported exclusively by ticket selling, on this market affected by cuts in the marketing and advertising budgets."
However, Faithless fans will not be let down - the British band has agreed to go ahead with plans to perform in Romania and have announced a concert on July 16, when they were expected to take to the stage at B'estFest. B'estFest has attracted more than 150,000 music fans each year since its launch in 2007.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'