Rock Festival Featuring Faithless Gets Dropped
A top Romanian rock festival set to feature dance stars Faithless has been canceled after falling victim to the struggling economy. The 2010 B'estFest was due to be held in the capital city of Bucharest in July, but organisers announced this summer's three-day event would not be going ahead because of a lack of funds.
A statement released by Laura Coronianu, CEO of festival promoters Emagic, says, "Because of the recession still affecting many branches of global economy, B'estFest's organisers, Emagic, has made the decision to postpone this year's edition."
"An event of this size has enormous costs, which cannot be supported exclusively by ticket selling, on this market affected by cuts in the marketing and advertising budgets."
However, Faithless fans will not be let down - the British band has agreed to go ahead with plans to perform in Romania and have announced a concert on July 16, when they were expected to take to the stage at B'estFest. B'estFest has attracted more than 150,000 music fans each year since its launch in 2007.
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'