Director Hired Topher Grace for 'Valentine's Day' Due to Anne Hathaway
Director Garry Marshall cast Topher Grace opposite Anne Hathaway in new movie "Valentine's Day" after the actress confessed to a teenage crush on the "That '70s Show" star. The "Pretty Woman" 's filmmaker landed a star-studded line-up for his latest release, including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner and Bradley Cooper.
Marshall admits onscreen chemistry between the actors was key to the casting, but he was sure Hathaway would hit it off with Grace immediately - because she's harbored feelings for the former TV star for years. He says, "Julia Roberts... Bradley Cooper, she did a play ('Three Days of Rain') on Broadway with him, 98 performances, they must have gotten along! We matched up."
"Anne Hathaway, she told me (about) this actor she once had a crush on - we hired him, Topher Grace; they kissed very well."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support