Director Hired Topher Grace for 'Valentine's Day' Due to Anne Hathaway
Director Garry Marshall cast Topher Grace opposite Anne Hathaway in new movie "Valentine's Day" after the actress confessed to a teenage crush on the "That '70s Show" star. The "Pretty Woman" 's filmmaker landed a star-studded line-up for his latest release, including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner and Bradley Cooper.
Marshall admits onscreen chemistry between the actors was key to the casting, but he was sure Hathaway would hit it off with Grace immediately - because she's harbored feelings for the former TV star for years. He says, "Julia Roberts... Bradley Cooper, she did a play ('Three Days of Rain') on Broadway with him, 98 performances, they must have gotten along! We matched up."
"Anne Hathaway, she told me (about) this actor she once had a crush on - we hired him, Topher Grace; they kissed very well."
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger