Director Hired Topher Grace for 'Valentine's Day' Due to Anne Hathaway
Director Garry Marshall cast Topher Grace opposite Anne Hathaway in new movie "Valentine's Day" after the actress confessed to a teenage crush on the "That '70s Show" star. The "Pretty Woman" 's filmmaker landed a star-studded line-up for his latest release, including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner and Bradley Cooper.
Marshall admits onscreen chemistry between the actors was key to the casting, but he was sure Hathaway would hit it off with Grace immediately - because she's harbored feelings for the former TV star for years. He says, "Julia Roberts... Bradley Cooper, she did a play ('Three Days of Rain') on Broadway with him, 98 performances, they must have gotten along! We matched up."
"Anne Hathaway, she told me (about) this actor she once had a crush on - we hired him, Topher Grace; they kissed very well."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny