Director Hired Topher Grace for 'Valentine's Day' Due to Anne Hathaway
Director Garry Marshall cast Topher Grace opposite Anne Hathaway in new movie "Valentine's Day" after the actress confessed to a teenage crush on the "That '70s Show" star. The "Pretty Woman" 's filmmaker landed a star-studded line-up for his latest release, including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner and Bradley Cooper.
Marshall admits onscreen chemistry between the actors was key to the casting, but he was sure Hathaway would hit it off with Grace immediately - because she's harbored feelings for the former TV star for years. He says, "Julia Roberts... Bradley Cooper, she did a play ('Three Days of Rain') on Broadway with him, 98 performances, they must have gotten along! We matched up."
"Anne Hathaway, she told me (about) this actor she once had a crush on - we hired him, Topher Grace; they kissed very well."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake