Director Hired Topher Grace for 'Valentine's Day' Due to Anne Hathaway
Director Garry Marshall cast Topher Grace opposite Anne Hathaway in new movie "Valentine's Day" after the actress confessed to a teenage crush on the "That '70s Show" star. The "Pretty Woman" 's filmmaker landed a star-studded line-up for his latest release, including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner and Bradley Cooper.
Marshall admits onscreen chemistry between the actors was key to the casting, but he was sure Hathaway would hit it off with Grace immediately - because she's harbored feelings for the former TV star for years. He says, "Julia Roberts... Bradley Cooper, she did a play ('Three Days of Rain') on Broadway with him, 98 performances, they must have gotten along! We matched up."
"Anne Hathaway, she told me (about) this actor she once had a crush on - we hired him, Topher Grace; they kissed very well."
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters