Tisha Campbell Scared of Second Baby's Mental Wellness
U.S. TV actress Tisha Campbell was worried about expanding her family with actor husband Duane Martin, because she feared their second child would be born autistic. The "Rita Rocks" star was heartbroken when she discovered her eight-year-old son, Xen, was born with the disorder, which can impair social interaction and communication.
She tells People magazine, "I was crying, 'Why is this happening to my baby?' Will he be able to hear me? Will he be able to say, 'I love you?' Will he be independent?" Campbell admits she was "nervous and scared" ahead of the September 2009 birth of her new baby boy, Ezekiel.
But the mother-of-two couldn't be happier with the couple's growing family. She adds, "We waited a long time. I didn't know if I could handle two. We wanted to give Xen as much attention as possible. How do you give love to two human beings like that?... (Now) I can handle anything."
- Kristen Stewart in Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges