Lady GaGa, Kate Moss and More Paid Respect to Alexander McQueen
Pop star Lady GaGa and supermodels Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell joined friends and family of Alexander McQueen on Thursday, February 25 to pay their final respects to the late style icon. The celebrities, including fashion designer Stella McCartney, were among the mourners who gathered at London's St. Paul's Church for the hour-long funeral service to commemorate the life of the tragic star.
The designer, born Lee McQueen, was found hanged at his apartment in London on February 11 and a post-mortem examination confirmed the 40 year old died from asphyxiation. He was laid to rest in a private ceremony on Thursday morning, when his coffin was covered in red, white and pink roses.
A representative for McQueen's label reveals a public memorial will be held later this year but company executives will not finalize details for the event until after Paris Fashion Week next month, when the couturier's latest collection will go on display. The spokeswoman tells Women's Wear Daily, "We are focusing right now on the Paris show, which takes place on March 9."
GaGa paid tribute to her close friend McQueen at the recent BRIT Awards in London, where she put on a sombre performance in front of a huge statue of her wearing the late designers' bizarre Armadillo shoes.
More Lady GaGa News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress