Lady GaGa, Kate Moss and More Paid Respect to Alexander McQueen
Pop star Lady GaGa and supermodels Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell joined friends and family of Alexander McQueen on Thursday, February 25 to pay their final respects to the late style icon. The celebrities, including fashion designer Stella McCartney, were among the mourners who gathered at London's St. Paul's Church for the hour-long funeral service to commemorate the life of the tragic star.
The designer, born Lee McQueen, was found hanged at his apartment in London on February 11 and a post-mortem examination confirmed the 40 year old died from asphyxiation. He was laid to rest in a private ceremony on Thursday morning, when his coffin was covered in red, white and pink roses.
A representative for McQueen's label reveals a public memorial will be held later this year but company executives will not finalize details for the event until after Paris Fashion Week next month, when the couturier's latest collection will go on display. The spokeswoman tells Women's Wear Daily, "We are focusing right now on the Paris show, which takes place on March 9."
GaGa paid tribute to her close friend McQueen at the recent BRIT Awards in London, where she put on a sombre performance in front of a huge statue of her wearing the late designers' bizarre Armadillo shoes.
More Lady GaGa News
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indian Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway