Lady GaGa, Kate Moss and More Paid Respect to Alexander McQueen
Pop star Lady GaGa and supermodels Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell joined friends and family of Alexander McQueen on Thursday, February 25 to pay their final respects to the late style icon. The celebrities, including fashion designer Stella McCartney, were among the mourners who gathered at London's St. Paul's Church for the hour-long funeral service to commemorate the life of the tragic star.
The designer, born Lee McQueen, was found hanged at his apartment in London on February 11 and a post-mortem examination confirmed the 40 year old died from asphyxiation. He was laid to rest in a private ceremony on Thursday morning, when his coffin was covered in red, white and pink roses.
A representative for McQueen's label reveals a public memorial will be held later this year but company executives will not finalize details for the event until after Paris Fashion Week next month, when the couturier's latest collection will go on display. The spokeswoman tells Women's Wear Daily, "We are focusing right now on the Paris show, which takes place on March 9."
GaGa paid tribute to her close friend McQueen at the recent BRIT Awards in London, where she put on a sombre performance in front of a huge statue of her wearing the late designers' bizarre Armadillo shoes.
More Lady GaGa News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending