Lady GaGa, Kate Moss and More Paid Respect to Alexander McQueen
Pop star Lady GaGa and supermodels Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell joined friends and family of Alexander McQueen on Thursday, February 25 to pay their final respects to the late style icon. The celebrities, including fashion designer Stella McCartney, were among the mourners who gathered at London's St. Paul's Church for the hour-long funeral service to commemorate the life of the tragic star.
The designer, born Lee McQueen, was found hanged at his apartment in London on February 11 and a post-mortem examination confirmed the 40 year old died from asphyxiation. He was laid to rest in a private ceremony on Thursday morning, when his coffin was covered in red, white and pink roses.
A representative for McQueen's label reveals a public memorial will be held later this year but company executives will not finalize details for the event until after Paris Fashion Week next month, when the couturier's latest collection will go on display. The spokeswoman tells Women's Wear Daily, "We are focusing right now on the Paris show, which takes place on March 9."
GaGa paid tribute to her close friend McQueen at the recent BRIT Awards in London, where she put on a sombre performance in front of a huge statue of her wearing the late designers' bizarre Armadillo shoes.
More Lady GaGa News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video