Lady GaGa, Kate Moss and More Paid Respect to Alexander McQueen
Pop star Lady GaGa and supermodels Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell joined friends and family of Alexander McQueen on Thursday, February 25 to pay their final respects to the late style icon. The celebrities, including fashion designer Stella McCartney, were among the mourners who gathered at London's St. Paul's Church for the hour-long funeral service to commemorate the life of the tragic star.
The designer, born Lee McQueen, was found hanged at his apartment in London on February 11 and a post-mortem examination confirmed the 40 year old died from asphyxiation. He was laid to rest in a private ceremony on Thursday morning, when his coffin was covered in red, white and pink roses.
A representative for McQueen's label reveals a public memorial will be held later this year but company executives will not finalize details for the event until after Paris Fashion Week next month, when the couturier's latest collection will go on display. The spokeswoman tells Women's Wear Daily, "We are focusing right now on the Paris show, which takes place on March 9."
GaGa paid tribute to her close friend McQueen at the recent BRIT Awards in London, where she put on a sombre performance in front of a huge statue of her wearing the late designers' bizarre Armadillo shoes.
More Lady GaGa News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media