Don Cheadle: Former U.S. President Ruins Biopic of Miles Davis
Don Cheadle blames former U.S. president George W. Bush for ruining the economy and derailing his plans to play jazz great Miles Davis on the big screen. Cheadle was cast in a biopic of Davis, but the movie was shelved when Hollywood got caught up in the global economic crises.
Nearly two years on, the actor hopes the project will finally get the green light, but he's still fearful it'll end up on the studios' scrapheap. Cheadle tells WENN, "Touch wood, it's been a long time coming. Working on the script right now and hopefully it will find a home."
"It's tough getting movies made right now because President Bush broke the world and the money's done! Nobody has dough. Studios are corporations and it's a very corporate model now."
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?