Don Cheadle: Former U.S. President Ruins Biopic of Miles Davis
Don Cheadle blames former U.S. president George W. Bush for ruining the economy and derailing his plans to play jazz great Miles Davis on the big screen. Cheadle was cast in a biopic of Davis, but the movie was shelved when Hollywood got caught up in the global economic crises.
Nearly two years on, the actor hopes the project will finally get the green light, but he's still fearful it'll end up on the studios' scrapheap. Cheadle tells WENN, "Touch wood, it's been a long time coming. Working on the script right now and hopefully it will find a home."
"It's tough getting movies made right now because President Bush broke the world and the money's done! Nobody has dough. Studios are corporations and it's a very corporate model now."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal