Don Cheadle: Former U.S. President Ruins Biopic of Miles Davis
Don Cheadle blames former U.S. president George W. Bush for ruining the economy and derailing his plans to play jazz great Miles Davis on the big screen. Cheadle was cast in a biopic of Davis, but the movie was shelved when Hollywood got caught up in the global economic crises.
Nearly two years on, the actor hopes the project will finally get the green light, but he's still fearful it'll end up on the studios' scrapheap. Cheadle tells WENN, "Touch wood, it's been a long time coming. Working on the script right now and hopefully it will find a home."
"It's tough getting movies made right now because President Bush broke the world and the money's done! Nobody has dough. Studios are corporations and it's a very corporate model now."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March