Don Cheadle: Former U.S. President Ruins Biopic of Miles Davis
Don Cheadle blames former U.S. president George W. Bush for ruining the economy and derailing his plans to play jazz great Miles Davis on the big screen. Cheadle was cast in a biopic of Davis, but the movie was shelved when Hollywood got caught up in the global economic crises.
Nearly two years on, the actor hopes the project will finally get the green light, but he's still fearful it'll end up on the studios' scrapheap. Cheadle tells WENN, "Touch wood, it's been a long time coming. Working on the script right now and hopefully it will find a home."
"It's tough getting movies made right now because President Bush broke the world and the money's done! Nobody has dough. Studios are corporations and it's a very corporate model now."
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?