Don Cheadle: Former U.S. President Ruins Biopic of Miles Davis
Don Cheadle blames former U.S. president George W. Bush for ruining the economy and derailing his plans to play jazz great Miles Davis on the big screen. Cheadle was cast in a biopic of Davis, but the movie was shelved when Hollywood got caught up in the global economic crises.
Nearly two years on, the actor hopes the project will finally get the green light, but he's still fearful it'll end up on the studios' scrapheap. Cheadle tells WENN, "Touch wood, it's been a long time coming. Working on the script right now and hopefully it will find a home."
"It's tough getting movies made right now because President Bush broke the world and the money's done! Nobody has dough. Studios are corporations and it's a very corporate model now."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation