Susan Boyle Hardly Sleeps at Nights After Housebreaking
Susan Boyle is barely sleeping and lives in constant fear of an attack in her home after an intruder broke into her property in January, according to her brother. The singer discovered a man in her house in West Lothian, Scotland when she returned from a trip to London on January 26 and immediately called police.
It came just weeks after she spotted two strangers creeping around her garden over 2009 Christmas, despite her mentor Simon Cowell increasing protection for her. And the two security scares have had a profound effect on Boyle.
Her brother Gerry tells Britain's The People newspaper, "She's absolutely exhausted after non-stop traveling promoting her album around the world. Getting back to her little council home used to be her release but now its more like a prison cell."
"After she was confronted by an intruder last month she can't sleep even though she has security posted outside her home 24/7. Susan's become a curtain twitcher - she spends hours in the night staring out from behind her curtains," he says. "When she can't sleep she rings me or plays things over and over in her head until they almost crush her. I try and lift her out of this negative mind-set but it is so hard."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics