Susan Boyle Hardly Sleeps at Nights After Housebreaking
Susan Boyle is barely sleeping and lives in constant fear of an attack in her home after an intruder broke into her property in January, according to her brother. The singer discovered a man in her house in West Lothian, Scotland when she returned from a trip to London on January 26 and immediately called police.
It came just weeks after she spotted two strangers creeping around her garden over 2009 Christmas, despite her mentor Simon Cowell increasing protection for her. And the two security scares have had a profound effect on Boyle.
Her brother Gerry tells Britain's The People newspaper, "She's absolutely exhausted after non-stop traveling promoting her album around the world. Getting back to her little council home used to be her release but now its more like a prison cell."
"After she was confronted by an intruder last month she can't sleep even though she has security posted outside her home 24/7. Susan's become a curtain twitcher - she spends hours in the night staring out from behind her curtains," he says. "When she can't sleep she rings me or plays things over and over in her head until they almost crush her. I try and lift her out of this negative mind-set but it is so hard."
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'