Susan Boyle Hardly Sleeps at Nights After Housebreaking
Susan Boyle is barely sleeping and lives in constant fear of an attack in her home after an intruder broke into her property in January, according to her brother. The singer discovered a man in her house in West Lothian, Scotland when she returned from a trip to London on January 26 and immediately called police.
It came just weeks after she spotted two strangers creeping around her garden over 2009 Christmas, despite her mentor Simon Cowell increasing protection for her. And the two security scares have had a profound effect on Boyle.
Her brother Gerry tells Britain's The People newspaper, "She's absolutely exhausted after non-stop traveling promoting her album around the world. Getting back to her little council home used to be her release but now its more like a prison cell."
"After she was confronted by an intruder last month she can't sleep even though she has security posted outside her home 24/7. Susan's become a curtain twitcher - she spends hours in the night staring out from behind her curtains," he says. "When she can't sleep she rings me or plays things over and over in her head until they almost crush her. I try and lift her out of this negative mind-set but it is so hard."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences