Nas Enters Not Guilty Plea Over Child and Spousal Support
Rapper Nas has pleaded not guilty to contempt of court amid allegations he failed to pay child and spousal support to his estranged wife Kelis. The "Milkshake" singer filed for divorce from Nas in 2009, just months before giving birth to their son Knight in July.
The former couple has since been embroiled in a bitter divorce battle, prompting Kelis to file a contempt motion against the rapper, alleging the 36-year-old rapper is failed to support his family financially. At a court hearing on Friday, February 19, Kelis' lawyer accused Nas of owing more than $200,000 in child and spousal support and attorney's fees.
Nas' attorney entered a not guilty plea on the rapper's behalf. A contempt hearing is scheduled for March, reports TMZ.com.
More Nas News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'