Nas Enters Not Guilty Plea Over Child and Spousal Support
Rapper Nas has pleaded not guilty to contempt of court amid allegations he failed to pay child and spousal support to his estranged wife Kelis. The "Milkshake" singer filed for divorce from Nas in 2009, just months before giving birth to their son Knight in July.
The former couple has since been embroiled in a bitter divorce battle, prompting Kelis to file a contempt motion against the rapper, alleging the 36-year-old rapper is failed to support his family financially. At a court hearing on Friday, February 19, Kelis' lawyer accused Nas of owing more than $200,000 in child and spousal support and attorney's fees.
Nas' attorney entered a not guilty plea on the rapper's behalf. A contempt hearing is scheduled for March, reports TMZ.com.
More Nas News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'