Nas Enters Not Guilty Plea Over Child and Spousal Support
Rapper Nas has pleaded not guilty to contempt of court amid allegations he failed to pay child and spousal support to his estranged wife Kelis. The "Milkshake" singer filed for divorce from Nas in 2009, just months before giving birth to their son Knight in July.
The former couple has since been embroiled in a bitter divorce battle, prompting Kelis to file a contempt motion against the rapper, alleging the 36-year-old rapper is failed to support his family financially. At a court hearing on Friday, February 19, Kelis' lawyer accused Nas of owing more than $200,000 in child and spousal support and attorney's fees.
Nas' attorney entered a not guilty plea on the rapper's behalf. A contempt hearing is scheduled for March, reports TMZ.com.
More Nas News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent