Nas Enters Not Guilty Plea Over Child and Spousal Support
Rapper Nas has pleaded not guilty to contempt of court amid allegations he failed to pay child and spousal support to his estranged wife Kelis. The "Milkshake" singer filed for divorce from Nas in 2009, just months before giving birth to their son Knight in July.
The former couple has since been embroiled in a bitter divorce battle, prompting Kelis to file a contempt motion against the rapper, alleging the 36-year-old rapper is failed to support his family financially. At a court hearing on Friday, February 19, Kelis' lawyer accused Nas of owing more than $200,000 in child and spousal support and attorney's fees.
Nas' attorney entered a not guilty plea on the rapper's behalf. A contempt hearing is scheduled for March, reports TMZ.com.
More Nas News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons