Nas Enters Not Guilty Plea Over Child and Spousal Support
Rapper Nas has pleaded not guilty to contempt of court amid allegations he failed to pay child and spousal support to his estranged wife Kelis. The "Milkshake" singer filed for divorce from Nas in 2009, just months before giving birth to their son Knight in July.
The former couple has since been embroiled in a bitter divorce battle, prompting Kelis to file a contempt motion against the rapper, alleging the 36-year-old rapper is failed to support his family financially. At a court hearing on Friday, February 19, Kelis' lawyer accused Nas of owing more than $200,000 in child and spousal support and attorney's fees.
Nas' attorney entered a not guilty plea on the rapper's behalf. A contempt hearing is scheduled for March, reports TMZ.com.
More Nas News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip