Morgan Freeman Still Can't Move His Hand Post 2008 Accident
Morgan Freeman is still unable to move his left hand after damaging nerves in a 2008 car crash. The actor broke his arm and shoulder and suffered nerve damage in the accident, which happened near his home in Mississippi in August 2008.
Freeman was wearing a supportive glove during a red carpet appearance in Los Angeles on Wednesday, February 17, and the 72-year-old admits he's yet to fully recover from the accident. He tells People.com, "I suffered nerve damage and it hasn't gotten better. I can't move it. If you don't move your hand, it will swell up. Do you know you move your hand about a million times a day?"
In November 2009, Freeman settled a lawsuit filed by Demaris Meyer, the woman he was traveling with when he crashed. She sued him, alleging he was driving under the influence of alcohol.
More Morgan Freeman News
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck