Morgan Freeman Still Can't Move His Hand Post 2008 Accident
Morgan Freeman is still unable to move his left hand after damaging nerves in a 2008 car crash. The actor broke his arm and shoulder and suffered nerve damage in the accident, which happened near his home in Mississippi in August 2008.
Freeman was wearing a supportive glove during a red carpet appearance in Los Angeles on Wednesday, February 17, and the 72-year-old admits he's yet to fully recover from the accident. He tells People.com, "I suffered nerve damage and it hasn't gotten better. I can't move it. If you don't move your hand, it will swell up. Do you know you move your hand about a million times a day?"
In November 2009, Freeman settled a lawsuit filed by Demaris Meyer, the woman he was traveling with when he crashed. She sued him, alleging he was driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt