Frankie Muniz Adds Rock Musician on Career Resume
Former "Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz is embarking on another career change - the actor-turned-racing driver has decided his future lies in the music industry. The 24-year-old, who shot to fame as a child star in the family sitcom, quit acting in 2008 to concentrate on becoming a full-time race car driver.
But after several years competing at a professional level, Muniz has put his dream on hold to focus on another new project - he's signed up to play drums in upcoming rock band You Hang Up. A statement on the band's MySpace.com page reveals the star has become a full-time member and will be dedicating his time to making the group a success.
The message reads, "Frankie moved to Arizona in 2008 to take a break from acting and pursue a professional career in racing, but has now become a permanent fixture of You Hang Up."
"Between Frankie's incredible drumming skills and his passion for music in general, he adds a flavor to You Hang Up that could not blend better with the group. Even though You Hang Up has been in the making since 2007, things are just getting started for them so stay tuned."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert