Frankie Muniz Adds Rock Musician on Career Resume
Former "Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz is embarking on another career change - the actor-turned-racing driver has decided his future lies in the music industry. The 24-year-old, who shot to fame as a child star in the family sitcom, quit acting in 2008 to concentrate on becoming a full-time race car driver.
But after several years competing at a professional level, Muniz has put his dream on hold to focus on another new project - he's signed up to play drums in upcoming rock band You Hang Up. A statement on the band's MySpace.com page reveals the star has become a full-time member and will be dedicating his time to making the group a success.
The message reads, "Frankie moved to Arizona in 2008 to take a break from acting and pursue a professional career in racing, but has now become a permanent fixture of You Hang Up."
"Between Frankie's incredible drumming skills and his passion for music in general, he adds a flavor to You Hang Up that could not blend better with the group. Even though You Hang Up has been in the making since 2007, things are just getting started for them so stay tuned."
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'