Frankie Muniz Adds Rock Musician on Career Resume
Former "Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz is embarking on another career change - the actor-turned-racing driver has decided his future lies in the music industry. The 24-year-old, who shot to fame as a child star in the family sitcom, quit acting in 2008 to concentrate on becoming a full-time race car driver.
But after several years competing at a professional level, Muniz has put his dream on hold to focus on another new project - he's signed up to play drums in upcoming rock band You Hang Up. A statement on the band's MySpace.com page reveals the star has become a full-time member and will be dedicating his time to making the group a success.
The message reads, "Frankie moved to Arizona in 2008 to take a break from acting and pursue a professional career in racing, but has now become a permanent fixture of You Hang Up."
"Between Frankie's incredible drumming skills and his passion for music in general, he adds a flavor to You Hang Up that could not blend better with the group. Even though You Hang Up has been in the making since 2007, things are just getting started for them so stay tuned."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart