Rafael Nadal Not Dating Shakira, Rep Insists
A spokesperson for tennis ace Rafael Nadal has brushed off rumors the athlete is romancing pop star Shakira following a series of meetings between the pair. The Colombian singer's nine-year romance with investment banker Antonio de la Rua has been under scrutiny in recent months as speculation mounts over her relationship with Nadal.
In March 2009, Shakira reportedly cozied up to Nadal in Miami, Florida after watching the athlete qualify for the Miami Masters. The pair was also spotted dining at a hotel in Barcelona, Spain before shooting a video together in the city late last week.
However, Nadal's spokesperson, Benito Perez-Barbadillo, is adamant the pair is not involved romantically, insisting that he, Nadal's manager Carlos Costa, and video director Jaume de Laiguana were also at the restaurant.
He tells the New York Post, "We were all there, and Shakira only came when we'd finished the main course to have something to drink, accompanied by her manager, Ceci Kurzman, and Jaume. It was a dinner organized with the director to brief Rafa on what was expected from him in the video."
A spokesperson for Shakira declined to comment.
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus Goes Shopping in Malibu in Tiny Bikini
- Lea Michele and Ashley Tisdale Team Up for Breathtaking Cover of 'Dancing on My Own'
- Pauly D Splits From Aubrey O'Day After a Year and a Half of Dating
- J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic Eyeing 'X-Men' Star Nicholas Hoult for Lead Role
- Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Hide Behind Umbrella While Heading to the Gym
- 'America's Got Talent': Tennessee Singer Gets DJ Khaled's Golden Buzzer for His Original Song
- Ciara Gets Slammed After Taking Her Baby on 'Dangerous' Waterslide in China