Rafael Nadal Not Dating Shakira, Rep Insists
A spokesperson for tennis ace Rafael Nadal has brushed off rumors the athlete is romancing pop star Shakira following a series of meetings between the pair. The Colombian singer's nine-year romance with investment banker Antonio de la Rua has been under scrutiny in recent months as speculation mounts over her relationship with Nadal.
In March 2009, Shakira reportedly cozied up to Nadal in Miami, Florida after watching the athlete qualify for the Miami Masters. The pair was also spotted dining at a hotel in Barcelona, Spain before shooting a video together in the city late last week.
However, Nadal's spokesperson, Benito Perez-Barbadillo, is adamant the pair is not involved romantically, insisting that he, Nadal's manager Carlos Costa, and video director Jaume de Laiguana were also at the restaurant.
He tells the New York Post, "We were all there, and Shakira only came when we'd finished the main course to have something to drink, accompanied by her manager, Ceci Kurzman, and Jaume. It was a dinner organized with the director to brief Rafa on what was expected from him in the video."
A spokesperson for Shakira declined to comment.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences