Rafael Nadal Not Dating Shakira, Rep Insists
A spokesperson for tennis ace Rafael Nadal has brushed off rumors the athlete is romancing pop star Shakira following a series of meetings between the pair. The Colombian singer's nine-year romance with investment banker Antonio de la Rua has been under scrutiny in recent months as speculation mounts over her relationship with Nadal.
In March 2009, Shakira reportedly cozied up to Nadal in Miami, Florida after watching the athlete qualify for the Miami Masters. The pair was also spotted dining at a hotel in Barcelona, Spain before shooting a video together in the city late last week.
However, Nadal's spokesperson, Benito Perez-Barbadillo, is adamant the pair is not involved romantically, insisting that he, Nadal's manager Carlos Costa, and video director Jaume de Laiguana were also at the restaurant.
He tells the New York Post, "We were all there, and Shakira only came when we'd finished the main course to have something to drink, accompanied by her manager, Ceci Kurzman, and Jaume. It was a dinner organized with the director to brief Rafa on what was expected from him in the video."
A spokesperson for Shakira declined to comment.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant