Taylor Swift Scolded for Feeding Wild Possum
Taylor Swift has come under fire from Australian environmental activists after feeding wild possums during a mischievous midnight outing Down Under.
The "Love Story" hitmaker celebrated a sold-out performance at Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday, February 10 by visiting a local park to see the wildlife, and later took to her Twitter.com page to tell fans: "Tonight the band and I played a show, then hopped in the van and headed to the park for some midnight wild possum feeding."
But Swift's wild night out has drawn criticism from authorities at the state of Victoria's environmental agency, who claim the creatures should be left alone. A spokesperson Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE) says, "We know people who feed wild animals often have the best intentions and that it is attractive to tourists who want to interact with Australian wildlife."
"However, DSE advises people not to feed wild animals. It can disrupt their natural behavior and it can cause some animals to lose their natural fear of people, making them vulnerable to attack."
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation