Taylor Swift Scolded for Feeding Wild Possum
Taylor Swift has come under fire from Australian environmental activists after feeding wild possums during a mischievous midnight outing Down Under.
The "Love Story" hitmaker celebrated a sold-out performance at Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday, February 10 by visiting a local park to see the wildlife, and later took to her Twitter.com page to tell fans: "Tonight the band and I played a show, then hopped in the van and headed to the park for some midnight wild possum feeding."
But Swift's wild night out has drawn criticism from authorities at the state of Victoria's environmental agency, who claim the creatures should be left alone. A spokesperson Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE) says, "We know people who feed wild animals often have the best intentions and that it is attractive to tourists who want to interact with Australian wildlife."
"However, DSE advises people not to feed wild animals. It can disrupt their natural behavior and it can cause some animals to lose their natural fear of people, making them vulnerable to attack."
More Taylor Swift News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal