Taylor Swift Scolded for Feeding Wild Possum
Taylor Swift has come under fire from Australian environmental activists after feeding wild possums during a mischievous midnight outing Down Under.
The "Love Story" hitmaker celebrated a sold-out performance at Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday, February 10 by visiting a local park to see the wildlife, and later took to her Twitter.com page to tell fans: "Tonight the band and I played a show, then hopped in the van and headed to the park for some midnight wild possum feeding."
But Swift's wild night out has drawn criticism from authorities at the state of Victoria's environmental agency, who claim the creatures should be left alone. A spokesperson Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE) says, "We know people who feed wild animals often have the best intentions and that it is attractive to tourists who want to interact with Australian wildlife."
"However, DSE advises people not to feed wild animals. It can disrupt their natural behavior and it can cause some animals to lose their natural fear of people, making them vulnerable to attack."
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones