Fed Up With Affair Allegation, Brigitte Bardot Threatens to Sue Politician
Film icon Brigitte Bardot has threatened to sue a French politician over allegations they had an affair in the 1960s. Patrick Balkany, a personal friend of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, claimed in a book published in January that he enjoyed a fling with Bardot during their youth.
He repeated the allegations on local television show Laurent Ruquier last weekend. Bardot has vehemently denied the claims, insisting she met Balkany for the first time in 2004 - and she's now threatened to sue the politician if he continues to spread the false rumors.
In a statement released by Bardot's lawyer on Wednesday, February 10, the French actress says, "I am beginning to get fed up hearing Mr. Balkany boasting that he had an affair with me, which I have already formally denied."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism