Fed Up With Affair Allegation, Brigitte Bardot Threatens to Sue Politician
Film icon Brigitte Bardot has threatened to sue a French politician over allegations they had an affair in the 1960s. Patrick Balkany, a personal friend of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, claimed in a book published in January that he enjoyed a fling with Bardot during their youth.
He repeated the allegations on local television show Laurent Ruquier last weekend. Bardot has vehemently denied the claims, insisting she met Balkany for the first time in 2004 - and she's now threatened to sue the politician if he continues to spread the false rumors.
In a statement released by Bardot's lawyer on Wednesday, February 10, the French actress says, "I am beginning to get fed up hearing Mr. Balkany boasting that he had an affair with me, which I have already formally denied."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences