Fed Up With Affair Allegation, Brigitte Bardot Threatens to Sue Politician
Film icon Brigitte Bardot has threatened to sue a French politician over allegations they had an affair in the 1960s. Patrick Balkany, a personal friend of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, claimed in a book published in January that he enjoyed a fling with Bardot during their youth.
He repeated the allegations on local television show Laurent Ruquier last weekend. Bardot has vehemently denied the claims, insisting she met Balkany for the first time in 2004 - and she's now threatened to sue the politician if he continues to spread the false rumors.
In a statement released by Bardot's lawyer on Wednesday, February 10, the French actress says, "I am beginning to get fed up hearing Mr. Balkany boasting that he had an affair with me, which I have already formally denied."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked