Fed Up With Affair Allegation, Brigitte Bardot Threatens to Sue Politician
Film icon Brigitte Bardot has threatened to sue a French politician over allegations they had an affair in the 1960s. Patrick Balkany, a personal friend of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, claimed in a book published in January that he enjoyed a fling with Bardot during their youth.
He repeated the allegations on local television show Laurent Ruquier last weekend. Bardot has vehemently denied the claims, insisting she met Balkany for the first time in 2004 - and she's now threatened to sue the politician if he continues to spread the false rumors.
In a statement released by Bardot's lawyer on Wednesday, February 10, the French actress says, "I am beginning to get fed up hearing Mr. Balkany boasting that he had an affair with me, which I have already formally denied."
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville