Father Believes There's Murder Conspiracy Over Michael Jackson's Death
Joe Jackson has gone public with a conspiracy theory surrounding his son Michael Jackson's death in summer 2009 - he's convinced the King of Pop's doctor was part of a group out to kill the singer. Appearing on news show "Larry King Live" on Monday night, February 8 - hours after his son's physician Conrad Murray pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges related to the death of Michael Jackson - the Jackson family patriarch revealed he was disappointed the doctor hadn't been charged with murder.
Jackson told King that a murder charge might make Murray think twice about protecting others who may have been involved in the King of Pop tragedy. He said, "I was looking for justice, and justice, to me, would be a murder charge. To me, he's (Murray) just a fall guy. There's other people, I think, involved with this whole thing. But I think that if he's interrogated, he would come clean and tell everything he knows."
Joe Jackson confirmed reports that his son lived in fear of an attempt on his life during his final months, while planning his comeback shows in London, "He was afraid to even do all of these shows, because he was afraid that he wouldn't get a chance to finish all of the show... Even his kids say that he had told them that he would be murdered."
Joe was in court in Los Angeles on Monday, where he faced the man he believed murdered his son. He was joined by his wife Katherine Esther Scruse, sons Tito Jackson and Jermaine Jackson and daughter La Toya Jackson.
More Michael Jackson News
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy