Beyonce Knowles Gets Admission to Perform in Trinidad and Tobago
Beyonce Knowles has won permission to play a concert in Trinidad and Tobago - after organizers threw the show into jeopardy by failing to apply for a permit in time. The superstar is due to bring her "I Am... " world tour to the Caribbean country on February 18 with a show in Port of Spain.
But the gig was thrown into doubt in January after organizers missed their deadline to apply for a noise variation permit from the country's Environmental Management Agency (EMA) - sending in the paperwork seven days late. If the event went ahead without proper authorization, the concert could be shut down and organizers fined thousands of dollars.
But bosses at the EMA have stepped in and granted the application, after organizers complied with regulations to advertise the event well in advance and warn local residents about the concert, according to the Trinidad and Tobago Express newspaper.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage