Beyonce Knowles Gets Admission to Perform in Trinidad and Tobago
Beyonce Knowles has won permission to play a concert in Trinidad and Tobago - after organizers threw the show into jeopardy by failing to apply for a permit in time. The superstar is due to bring her "I Am... " world tour to the Caribbean country on February 18 with a show in Port of Spain.
But the gig was thrown into doubt in January after organizers missed their deadline to apply for a noise variation permit from the country's Environmental Management Agency (EMA) - sending in the paperwork seven days late. If the event went ahead without proper authorization, the concert could be shut down and organizers fined thousands of dollars.
But bosses at the EMA have stepped in and granted the application, after organizers complied with regulations to advertise the event well in advance and warn local residents about the concert, according to the Trinidad and Tobago Express newspaper.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones