Man Allegedly Harassing Keira Knightley Pleads Not Guilty
A man arrested on suspicion of harassing Keira Knightley has pleaded not guilty to the charge in court. Marek Daniluk was taken into custody on Thursday, February 4 after the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star told police she felt threatened by his regular presence outside London's Comedy Theatre, where she is performing in "The Misanthrope".
He appeared at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday, February 6, where he pleaded not guilty to harassment. The Polish-born 41 year old is alleged to have grabbed Knightley's arm, before demanding she answer questions in a note he sent her.
His lawyer, Jazz Omari, maintains a physical altercation never occurred, "Although there is an allegation that he grabbed Miss Knightley's arm, this is not reflected in her witness statement. In her account, she was approached by the defendant and she was asked quite fairly, 'Did you receive my gift?' to which she replied, 'Yes, thank you'."
Knightley's statement to police revealed she had become "worried and distressed" by Daniluk's behavior outside the venue's stage door.
More Keira Knightley News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding