Man Allegedly Harassing Keira Knightley Pleads Not Guilty
A man arrested on suspicion of harassing Keira Knightley has pleaded not guilty to the charge in court. Marek Daniluk was taken into custody on Thursday, February 4 after the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star told police she felt threatened by his regular presence outside London's Comedy Theatre, where she is performing in "The Misanthrope".
He appeared at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday, February 6, where he pleaded not guilty to harassment. The Polish-born 41 year old is alleged to have grabbed Knightley's arm, before demanding she answer questions in a note he sent her.
His lawyer, Jazz Omari, maintains a physical altercation never occurred, "Although there is an allegation that he grabbed Miss Knightley's arm, this is not reflected in her witness statement. In her account, she was approached by the defendant and she was asked quite fairly, 'Did you receive my gift?' to which she replied, 'Yes, thank you'."
Knightley's statement to police revealed she had become "worried and distressed" by Daniluk's behavior outside the venue's stage door.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie