Man Allegedly Harassing Keira Knightley Pleads Not Guilty
A man arrested on suspicion of harassing Keira Knightley has pleaded not guilty to the charge in court. Marek Daniluk was taken into custody on Thursday, February 4 after the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star told police she felt threatened by his regular presence outside London's Comedy Theatre, where she is performing in "The Misanthrope".
He appeared at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday, February 6, where he pleaded not guilty to harassment. The Polish-born 41 year old is alleged to have grabbed Knightley's arm, before demanding she answer questions in a note he sent her.
His lawyer, Jazz Omari, maintains a physical altercation never occurred, "Although there is an allegation that he grabbed Miss Knightley's arm, this is not reflected in her witness statement. In her account, she was approached by the defendant and she was asked quite fairly, 'Did you receive my gift?' to which she replied, 'Yes, thank you'."
Knightley's statement to police revealed she had become "worried and distressed" by Daniluk's behavior outside the venue's stage door.
More Keira Knightley News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern