Man Allegedly Harassing Keira Knightley Pleads Not Guilty
A man arrested on suspicion of harassing Keira Knightley has pleaded not guilty to the charge in court. Marek Daniluk was taken into custody on Thursday, February 4 after the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star told police she felt threatened by his regular presence outside London's Comedy Theatre, where she is performing in "The Misanthrope".
He appeared at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday, February 6, where he pleaded not guilty to harassment. The Polish-born 41 year old is alleged to have grabbed Knightley's arm, before demanding she answer questions in a note he sent her.
His lawyer, Jazz Omari, maintains a physical altercation never occurred, "Although there is an allegation that he grabbed Miss Knightley's arm, this is not reflected in her witness statement. In her account, she was approached by the defendant and she was asked quite fairly, 'Did you receive my gift?' to which she replied, 'Yes, thank you'."
Knightley's statement to police revealed she had become "worried and distressed" by Daniluk's behavior outside the venue's stage door.
More Keira Knightley News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle