Man Allegedly Harassing Keira Knightley Pleads Not Guilty
A man arrested on suspicion of harassing Keira Knightley has pleaded not guilty to the charge in court. Marek Daniluk was taken into custody on Thursday, February 4 after the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star told police she felt threatened by his regular presence outside London's Comedy Theatre, where she is performing in "The Misanthrope".
He appeared at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday, February 6, where he pleaded not guilty to harassment. The Polish-born 41 year old is alleged to have grabbed Knightley's arm, before demanding she answer questions in a note he sent her.
His lawyer, Jazz Omari, maintains a physical altercation never occurred, "Although there is an allegation that he grabbed Miss Knightley's arm, this is not reflected in her witness statement. In her account, she was approached by the defendant and she was asked quite fairly, 'Did you receive my gift?' to which she replied, 'Yes, thank you'."
Knightley's statement to police revealed she had become "worried and distressed" by Daniluk's behavior outside the venue's stage door.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!