Michael Jackson's Physician Will Surrender and Plead Not Guilty
Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, will turn himself into Los Angeles police on Friday, February 5 and plead not guilty if he is charged with involuntary manslaughter, his lawyer has confirmed. Murray is accused of administering a lethal dose of anesthetic drug Propofol to the King of Pop prior to his death in June 2009. The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office declared Jackson's death a homicide, stating the superstar died from "acute propofol intoxication" combined with sedatives.
Murray has been identified in search warrants as a suspect in a manslaughter investigation but has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. In January, Murray hired top attorney J. Michael Flanagan to represent him amid reports prosecutors were seeking to indict him for involuntary manslaughter.
Now Flanagan has revealed his client intends to surrender himself to authorities on Friday, even though charges have yet to be officially filed. Flanagan tells People.com, "He'll surrender Friday. I anticipate he'll be charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter, to which we'll enter a plea of not guilty."
"I expect that we'll have him first surrender to the LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) where he'll be booked and then transported to court for arraignment." Flanagan insists he will immediately post bail for Murray following the expected arraignment.
The news comes just one day after Murray's representative Miranda Sevcik was forced to deny speculation the medic was planning to surrender himself to authorities on Wednesday, January 3.
More Michael Jackson News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy