Michael Jackson's Physician Will Surrender and Plead Not Guilty
Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, will turn himself into Los Angeles police on Friday, February 5 and plead not guilty if he is charged with involuntary manslaughter, his lawyer has confirmed. Murray is accused of administering a lethal dose of anesthetic drug Propofol to the King of Pop prior to his death in June 2009. The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office declared Jackson's death a homicide, stating the superstar died from "acute propofol intoxication" combined with sedatives.
Murray has been identified in search warrants as a suspect in a manslaughter investigation but has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. In January, Murray hired top attorney J. Michael Flanagan to represent him amid reports prosecutors were seeking to indict him for involuntary manslaughter.
Now Flanagan has revealed his client intends to surrender himself to authorities on Friday, even though charges have yet to be officially filed. Flanagan tells People.com, "He'll surrender Friday. I anticipate he'll be charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter, to which we'll enter a plea of not guilty."
"I expect that we'll have him first surrender to the LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) where he'll be booked and then transported to court for arraignment." Flanagan insists he will immediately post bail for Murray following the expected arraignment.
The news comes just one day after Murray's representative Miranda Sevcik was forced to deny speculation the medic was planning to surrender himself to authorities on Wednesday, January 3.
More Michael Jackson News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them