Michael Jackson's Physician Will Surrender and Plead Not Guilty
Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, will turn himself into Los Angeles police on Friday, February 5 and plead not guilty if he is charged with involuntary manslaughter, his lawyer has confirmed. Murray is accused of administering a lethal dose of anesthetic drug Propofol to the King of Pop prior to his death in June 2009. The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office declared Jackson's death a homicide, stating the superstar died from "acute propofol intoxication" combined with sedatives.
Murray has been identified in search warrants as a suspect in a manslaughter investigation but has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. In January, Murray hired top attorney J. Michael Flanagan to represent him amid reports prosecutors were seeking to indict him for involuntary manslaughter.
Now Flanagan has revealed his client intends to surrender himself to authorities on Friday, even though charges have yet to be officially filed. Flanagan tells People.com, "He'll surrender Friday. I anticipate he'll be charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter, to which we'll enter a plea of not guilty."
"I expect that we'll have him first surrender to the LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) where he'll be booked and then transported to court for arraignment." Flanagan insists he will immediately post bail for Murray following the expected arraignment.
The news comes just one day after Murray's representative Miranda Sevcik was forced to deny speculation the medic was planning to surrender himself to authorities on Wednesday, January 3.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation