Nick Augusto Is Trivium's New Permanent Drummer
Rockers Trivium have hired a new drummer - confirming speculation Travis Smith has left the band for good. The group drafted in drum roadie Nick Augusto in 2009 after Smith withdrew from Trivium's U.S. tour to take care of "personal business".
Smith was expected to rejoin the band, but a statement from the group has confirmed Augusto is now a full-time member. The post on the band's website reads, "Florida metallers Trivium are pleased to announce Nick Augusto as their new permanent drummer. Augusto was introduced to Trivium fans when he filled in behind the kit on last fall's Into the 'Mouth of Hell We Tour' trek. He is now stepping in to permanently replace the departing Travis Smith."
Vocalist/guitarist Matt Heafy tells Metal Hammer magazine, "Nick's drumming is very technical and diverse and he brings a real intense energy to the band and we can't wait for everyone to hear the new song, 'Shattering the Skies Above', that we just recorded with Nick."
"I think it's the best Trivium recording we've ever done and I think Nick's drumming really pushed us to a new level."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked