Nick Augusto Is Trivium's New Permanent Drummer
Rockers Trivium have hired a new drummer - confirming speculation Travis Smith has left the band for good. The group drafted in drum roadie Nick Augusto in 2009 after Smith withdrew from Trivium's U.S. tour to take care of "personal business".
Smith was expected to rejoin the band, but a statement from the group has confirmed Augusto is now a full-time member. The post on the band's website reads, "Florida metallers Trivium are pleased to announce Nick Augusto as their new permanent drummer. Augusto was introduced to Trivium fans when he filled in behind the kit on last fall's Into the 'Mouth of Hell We Tour' trek. He is now stepping in to permanently replace the departing Travis Smith."
Vocalist/guitarist Matt Heafy tells Metal Hammer magazine, "Nick's drumming is very technical and diverse and he brings a real intense energy to the band and we can't wait for everyone to hear the new song, 'Shattering the Skies Above', that we just recorded with Nick."
"I think it's the best Trivium recording we've ever done and I think Nick's drumming really pushed us to a new level."
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards