Nick Augusto Is Trivium's New Permanent Drummer
Rockers Trivium have hired a new drummer - confirming speculation Travis Smith has left the band for good. The group drafted in drum roadie Nick Augusto in 2009 after Smith withdrew from Trivium's U.S. tour to take care of "personal business".
Smith was expected to rejoin the band, but a statement from the group has confirmed Augusto is now a full-time member. The post on the band's website reads, "Florida metallers Trivium are pleased to announce Nick Augusto as their new permanent drummer. Augusto was introduced to Trivium fans when he filled in behind the kit on last fall's Into the 'Mouth of Hell We Tour' trek. He is now stepping in to permanently replace the departing Travis Smith."
Vocalist/guitarist Matt Heafy tells Metal Hammer magazine, "Nick's drumming is very technical and diverse and he brings a real intense energy to the band and we can't wait for everyone to hear the new song, 'Shattering the Skies Above', that we just recorded with Nick."
"I think it's the best Trivium recording we've ever done and I think Nick's drumming really pushed us to a new level."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame