Ringo Starr Thanks God He Finally Found Religion
The Beatles legend Ringo Starr has finally found religion as he prepares to turn 70 later this year - insisting he has been searching for God "since the 1960s." The drummer will celebrate the milestone birthday in July 2009, and he is adamant that after years of excess in his "Fab Four" hey-day he has finally found enlightenment.
He says, "'I feel the older I get, the more I'm learning to handle life. Being on this quest for a long time, it's all about finding yourself. For me, God is in my life. I don't hide from that. I think the search has been on since the 1960s. I stepped off the path there for many years and found my way back onto it, thank God."
Starr's new found faith comes four decades after his late bandmate John Lennon famously claimed The Beatles were "more popular than Jesus" - causing uproar in Christian countries around the world.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers