Ringo Starr Thanks God He Finally Found Religion
The Beatles legend Ringo Starr has finally found religion as he prepares to turn 70 later this year - insisting he has been searching for God "since the 1960s." The drummer will celebrate the milestone birthday in July 2009, and he is adamant that after years of excess in his "Fab Four" hey-day he has finally found enlightenment.
He says, "'I feel the older I get, the more I'm learning to handle life. Being on this quest for a long time, it's all about finding yourself. For me, God is in my life. I don't hide from that. I think the search has been on since the 1960s. I stepped off the path there for many years and found my way back onto it, thank God."
Starr's new found faith comes four decades after his late bandmate John Lennon famously claimed The Beatles were "more popular than Jesus" - causing uproar in Christian countries around the world.
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host