Ringo Starr Thanks God He Finally Found Religion
The Beatles legend Ringo Starr has finally found religion as he prepares to turn 70 later this year - insisting he has been searching for God "since the 1960s." The drummer will celebrate the milestone birthday in July 2009, and he is adamant that after years of excess in his "Fab Four" hey-day he has finally found enlightenment.
He says, "'I feel the older I get, the more I'm learning to handle life. Being on this quest for a long time, it's all about finding yourself. For me, God is in my life. I don't hide from that. I think the search has been on since the 1960s. I stepped off the path there for many years and found my way back onto it, thank God."
Starr's new found faith comes four decades after his late bandmate John Lennon famously claimed The Beatles were "more popular than Jesus" - causing uproar in Christian countries around the world.
More Ringo Starr News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video