Ringo Starr Thanks God He Finally Found Religion
The Beatles legend Ringo Starr has finally found religion as he prepares to turn 70 later this year - insisting he has been searching for God "since the 1960s." The drummer will celebrate the milestone birthday in July 2009, and he is adamant that after years of excess in his "Fab Four" hey-day he has finally found enlightenment.
He says, "'I feel the older I get, the more I'm learning to handle life. Being on this quest for a long time, it's all about finding yourself. For me, God is in my life. I don't hide from that. I think the search has been on since the 1960s. I stepped off the path there for many years and found my way back onto it, thank God."
Starr's new found faith comes four decades after his late bandmate John Lennon famously claimed The Beatles were "more popular than Jesus" - causing uproar in Christian countries around the world.
More Ringo Starr News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris