Ringo Starr Thanks God He Finally Found Religion
The Beatles legend Ringo Starr has finally found religion as he prepares to turn 70 later this year - insisting he has been searching for God "since the 1960s." The drummer will celebrate the milestone birthday in July 2009, and he is adamant that after years of excess in his "Fab Four" hey-day he has finally found enlightenment.
He says, "'I feel the older I get, the more I'm learning to handle life. Being on this quest for a long time, it's all about finding yourself. For me, God is in my life. I don't hide from that. I think the search has been on since the 1960s. I stepped off the path there for many years and found my way back onto it, thank God."
Starr's new found faith comes four decades after his late bandmate John Lennon famously claimed The Beatles were "more popular than Jesus" - causing uproar in Christian countries around the world.
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards