Nina Dobrev Criticized by 'Vampire Diaries' Fans for Not Being Blonde
Actress Nina Dobrev has incurred the wrath of "The Vampire Diaries" fans - for sporting a different hair color to her character in the original book. The 21 year old plays lead Elena in the new U.S. series and was told by show executives to keep her hair brunette for the role.
But fans of the novels, penned by L. J. Smith, are in uproar - because Elena is a blonde in the books. Dobrev explains, "I couldn't go online because everyone was like, 'She's not a blonde, Elena's a blonde'. We had to change it because in the books Elena was a little bit more of a Queen Bee, the popular high school girl and it just didn't seem relatable to a lot of people."
"The creators just wanted to make her more of a girl-next-door, who you can root for. If you're not rooting for the main girl, then there's no point in watching. You need to love her, you can't hate her."
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash