Nina Dobrev Criticized by 'Vampire Diaries' Fans for Not Being Blonde
Actress Nina Dobrev has incurred the wrath of "The Vampire Diaries" fans - for sporting a different hair color to her character in the original book. The 21 year old plays lead Elena in the new U.S. series and was told by show executives to keep her hair brunette for the role.
But fans of the novels, penned by L. J. Smith, are in uproar - because Elena is a blonde in the books. Dobrev explains, "I couldn't go online because everyone was like, 'She's not a blonde, Elena's a blonde'. We had to change it because in the books Elena was a little bit more of a Queen Bee, the popular high school girl and it just didn't seem relatable to a lot of people."
"The creators just wanted to make her more of a girl-next-door, who you can root for. If you're not rooting for the main girl, then there's no point in watching. You need to love her, you can't hate her."
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance