Zachary Quinto Not 'Stepping Away' From 'Star Trek'
Zachary Quinto has been forced to dismiss rumors he's quit "Star Trek", after comments he made in a recent interview about "stepping away" from the movie franchise sent fans into a spin. The "Heroes" star plays Spock in J.J. Abrams' 2009 revival of the sci-fi saga, and is expected to return for a series of sequels.
But "Star Trek" devotees went into a panic this week after the actor's interview with Wired.com, in which he hints at a hiatus from the franchise, hit the internet. He said, "I'm stepping away from 'Star Trek' for at least two years - no movies, no conventions, no anything for a while."
But Quinto is adamant his comments were misconstrued. In a post on his official blog, he writes, "Obviously I will be a part of any upcoming films... reprising my role as Spock. What I meant was that in the meantime I won't be making any public appearances related to the franchise - or doing any more auxiliary projects pertaining to the Trek universe (sic)."
"I will be focusing my efforts on other projects and preparing to shoot the next film - which will be released in June of 2012... two years from now. Hence the no Trek for two years remark. Worry not Trekkers. It was a misunderstanding of context."
More Star Trek News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo