Zachary Quinto Not 'Stepping Away' From 'Star Trek'
Zachary Quinto has been forced to dismiss rumors he's quit "Star Trek", after comments he made in a recent interview about "stepping away" from the movie franchise sent fans into a spin. The "Heroes" star plays Spock in J.J. Abrams' 2009 revival of the sci-fi saga, and is expected to return for a series of sequels.
But "Star Trek" devotees went into a panic this week after the actor's interview with Wired.com, in which he hints at a hiatus from the franchise, hit the internet. He said, "I'm stepping away from 'Star Trek' for at least two years - no movies, no conventions, no anything for a while."
But Quinto is adamant his comments were misconstrued. In a post on his official blog, he writes, "Obviously I will be a part of any upcoming films... reprising my role as Spock. What I meant was that in the meantime I won't be making any public appearances related to the franchise - or doing any more auxiliary projects pertaining to the Trek universe (sic)."
"I will be focusing my efforts on other projects and preparing to shoot the next film - which will be released in June of 2012... two years from now. Hence the no Trek for two years remark. Worry not Trekkers. It was a misunderstanding of context."
More Star Trek News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'