John Mayer Hates Celebrities Selling Perfume
John Mayer has taken aim at the crop of celebrities who make money by bottling their own brand of perfume.
The guitarist admits he is trying to come up with ways to expand his career, including plans for a new variety series, "John Mayer Has a TV Show", and by taking a side job writing blogs for the website Gawker.com. But he insists he would never try to turn a profit by selling fans his own fragrance.
He says, "I've always just been stupidly curious about stuff; I'm not diversifying in terms of selling anything. I'm not selling 'John Mayer: the cologne'. If I did it would just smell like sausage and sleep. I don't look at my fans and think, 'Wow, they really like what I do musically. Imagine if I could get 60 more dollars out of them!' Who out there really goes, 'You know what, I just f**king love perfumes. I always have since I was a kid. If I weren't a pop singer, I'd be a perfumier...' (sic)? At some point I may turn into an a**hole, but right now I just peddle a CD for 15 dollars every two years."
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'