John Mayer Hates Celebrities Selling Perfume
John Mayer has taken aim at the crop of celebrities who make money by bottling their own brand of perfume.
The guitarist admits he is trying to come up with ways to expand his career, including plans for a new variety series, "John Mayer Has a TV Show", and by taking a side job writing blogs for the website Gawker.com. But he insists he would never try to turn a profit by selling fans his own fragrance.
He says, "I've always just been stupidly curious about stuff; I'm not diversifying in terms of selling anything. I'm not selling 'John Mayer: the cologne'. If I did it would just smell like sausage and sleep. I don't look at my fans and think, 'Wow, they really like what I do musically. Imagine if I could get 60 more dollars out of them!' Who out there really goes, 'You know what, I just f**king love perfumes. I always have since I was a kid. If I weren't a pop singer, I'd be a perfumier...' (sic)? At some point I may turn into an a**hole, but right now I just peddle a CD for 15 dollars every two years."
More John Mayer News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress