John Mayer Hates Celebrities Selling Perfume
John Mayer has taken aim at the crop of celebrities who make money by bottling their own brand of perfume.
The guitarist admits he is trying to come up with ways to expand his career, including plans for a new variety series, "John Mayer Has a TV Show", and by taking a side job writing blogs for the website Gawker.com. But he insists he would never try to turn a profit by selling fans his own fragrance.
He says, "I've always just been stupidly curious about stuff; I'm not diversifying in terms of selling anything. I'm not selling 'John Mayer: the cologne'. If I did it would just smell like sausage and sleep. I don't look at my fans and think, 'Wow, they really like what I do musically. Imagine if I could get 60 more dollars out of them!' Who out there really goes, 'You know what, I just f**king love perfumes. I always have since I was a kid. If I weren't a pop singer, I'd be a perfumier...' (sic)? At some point I may turn into an a**hole, but right now I just peddle a CD for 15 dollars every two years."
More John Mayer News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'