John Mayer Hates Celebrities Selling Perfume
John Mayer has taken aim at the crop of celebrities who make money by bottling their own brand of perfume.
The guitarist admits he is trying to come up with ways to expand his career, including plans for a new variety series, "John Mayer Has a TV Show", and by taking a side job writing blogs for the website Gawker.com. But he insists he would never try to turn a profit by selling fans his own fragrance.
He says, "I've always just been stupidly curious about stuff; I'm not diversifying in terms of selling anything. I'm not selling 'John Mayer: the cologne'. If I did it would just smell like sausage and sleep. I don't look at my fans and think, 'Wow, they really like what I do musically. Imagine if I could get 60 more dollars out of them!' Who out there really goes, 'You know what, I just f**king love perfumes. I always have since I was a kid. If I weren't a pop singer, I'd be a perfumier...' (sic)? At some point I may turn into an a**hole, but right now I just peddle a CD for 15 dollars every two years."
More John Mayer News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March